Bull's Corner Closes - They Owe Me Money

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    With no warning, and no notice to employees, this place shut down this week. They just cashed a deposit check from me for a wedding rehearsal dinner for my son and his fiance in 2 weeks.

Now I'm out the money AND I have to scramble to find a new place on short notice.

:mad:

http://www.nola.com/dining/index.ssf/2010/05/bulls_corner_restaurant_in_lap.html

Bull's Corner restaurant in LaPlace closes suddenly
    By Littice Bacon-Blood, The Times-Picayune
    May 25, 2010, 7:51AM
    Bull’s Corner restaurant in LaPlace, a popular community eating and business meet-and-greet spot for years, has closed.

A typed notice posted on the front glass doors tells diners and employees: “Bull’s Corner is closed. Thank you for your business for the last 25 years.”

Sunday was the last day of operations. There’s no word yet on who — or what — may occupy the prime spot of real estate on Airline Highway.

The sudden closing of the restaurant took many by surprise Monday, including the staff, a waitress there said.

“I worked last night,” said Kayla Mora, as she stood on the sidewalk outside the restaurant Monday morning. “There was no indication that it was closing.”

Mora said she received telephone calls from other employees who showed up for work Monday and were greeted by the note on the tinted doors.

“I’d heard rumors (that it was closing), but I didn’t think it would actually happen. … so suddenly and without any notice,” Mora said. “It caught everybody off guard.”

The restaurant’s owner, Mike Norton, could not be reached for comment.

And while the closing reduces the already short list of near-formal and business dining choices in St. John the Baptist Parish, it also leaves a hole in the Cambridge Corner strip shopping mall which it helped anchor.

“Bull’s was one of the few places you could count on to have a private meeting area with good food,’’ said Melanie R. Basile, Community Bank branch manager and president of the LaPlace Rotary Club, which held its weekly meetings at the restaurant. “Many organizations and individuals relied on Bull’s to provide a place to gather and mingle and the impact of them closing will be felt parishwide. It was almost understood that if there was a meeting of any kind to be held, nine and a half chances out of 10, it was held at Bull’s.”

Last edited:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I would stop payment on check asap and go to the owners house and wait..

They already cashed it. I'm going to have to find another place fast, the wedding rehearsal is June 10. I'm checking on the corporate filing status to see if I can get a location of ANYONE with the company who can take care of this.

stinkysix

Rating - 97.9%
    47   1   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Have them arrested, we do it all the time where i work for bad checks, late payments, work not completed, or as you were screwed ---making deposits and boom there gone.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I would just file a claim for unfinished business or service and be done with it, let the pros handle it this way if they would every try to open another one all of this would be taken into consideration at the time of giving them a permit.

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    Start working on small claims now. You my get your money plus extra cost for the rebooking. Did you have any paperwork other than the check? How far from them closing was the check cashed.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Start working on small claims now. You my get your money plus extra cost for the rebooking. Did you have any paperwork other than the check? How far from them closing was the check cashed.

Somewhere on my desk at home is a copy of the contract. They cashed the check a few weeks ago, but it's marked what it's for.

Try Sals in Boutte on Hwy 90 or you can try the Old Dougie V's on River Road in Luling I hope this helps both of them have decent accomodations.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm looking into alternative sites now. The church is in Norco, and people are coming from NO, Covington, and BR. Laplace was such a good middle point for everyone.

BTW Destrehan Plantation turned us down because they said our party was "too small." We'll have 55 people.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    this is a unique name for a reporter:

Bull's Corner restaurant in LaPlace closes suddenly
    By Littice Bacon-Blood, The Times-Picayune
    May 25, 2010, 7:51AM

Top Bottom