Burglar Alarm just went off at 2:45 a.m.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    and I was in a deep sleep. Screwed up the rest of my night. :( Yea, I did a perimeter check with my trusty 1911. Still shaking on the inside.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    NO

Hide in the closet, call 911 and Chuck Norris, only start to " clear " after getting the web gear on and running through the " signals "

Blade into each room and point a lot while nodding into the camera yelling "clear" then ninja spin to the next room, film and send to Sons of Guns where a vintage Thompson will be airbrushed into the action scenes

Did you wear them big tactical glasses and full pads ??

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    NO

Hide in the closet, call 911 and Chuck Norris, only start to " clear " after getting the web gear on and running through the " signals "

Blade into each room and point a lot while nodding into the camera yelling "clear" then ninja spin to the next room, film and send to Sons of Guns where a vintage Thompson will be airbrushed into the action scenes

No, no, and no.

Tater

Mud Puppy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Leesville
    Had a similar incident two weeks ago. Basement door was left un locked and wind blew it open at 3:30am.... needless to say it gets your blood pumping, couldn't go back to sleep. Learned alot from that night like a)make sure the damn doors are locked b) always make sure i put the taclight on the pistol before bed and c) ensure the wife knows what i expect her to do while i check it out....

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    NO

Oh, now quit teasing him, okay!? He had a very scary experience!

So, did ya **** in the bed?

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Did you figure out what caused the alarm to go off?

Our sliding glass porch door is extremely sensitive to movement, so it used to activate the alarm on a windy night. I would NEVER hear it. Dad, however, would stealthily check the house with his trusty 1903 Colt .32ACP!

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    A few years back, here in Tangipahoa Parish, an older lady was awakened by her alarm system going off. The police came out and after checking things out, determined that it was a false alarm. A couple of hours later, the lady was again awakened, but this time by an intruder with a knife. He robbed her and locked her in the bathroom I think. Apparently he removed the glazing from a window pane, reached in and unlocked the window, and replaced the window pane. He then opened the window, climbed in as the alarm was going off. closed and locked the window and hid inside the house. The police did check around but found no unlocked doors , windows, or other indications of a break-in. It's pretty scary to think that some criminals are that crafty. A dog would have probably prevented him from being able to hide in the house and could have caused the burglar to not choose that location to begin with.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    The police did check around but found no unlocked doors , windows, or other indications of a break-in. It's pretty scary to think that some criminals are that crafty.

Or some cops that lazy.

They are supposed to check the outside AND the inside. I've had a couple of false alarms. Even the poorly-qualified St. Martinville Police checked outside COMPLETELY and checked inside every cabinet, closet, shower stall, under beds, everything.

Last edited:

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    Or some cops that lazy.

They are supposed to check the outside AND the inside. I've had a couple of false alarms. Even the poorly-qualified St. Martinville Police checked outside COMPLETELY and checked inside every cabinet, closet, shower stall, under beds, everything.

That's because they were looking for any hidden money in the house! :rofl:

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    I had a similar experience when we first moved into our new place 3 years ago. It was the first week we were there and were not completely moved in yet. At around 1am the alarm went off. The only gun that I had in the house at the time was a Ruger P97. I found the carport door cracked open a few inches. I checked all the rooms and found nothing. CPSO showed up checked the perimeter, no foot prints were found in the dew on the grass.

We determined either the door was not shut all the way when I locked it that night and the wind blew it open (no deadbolts) or someone had a key, not knowing that the house had been purchased decided to stop by. The reason I say that is because the seller had not lived in the house for 2 or 3 years and had let several people stay there from time to time while it was vacant. Needless to say all locks were changed the next day and deadbolts were installed on every exterior door.

About 3 months ago another abrupt awakening happened. 2am the alarm went off again, but not a steady siren, it was pulsed. Now we have a baby in the house to get to. I grab my pistol, the wife grabs hers. She followed me down the hall to the nursery. I checked the rest of the house. When I silenced the alarm I noticed the fire alarm light was on, that is why the siren was pulsed. It ended up being a faulty smoke detector which they replaced a few days later. My little girl slept right through all of it, I didnt sleep the rest of the night.

You are right, it will get your heart pounding from a deep sleep.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom