Burris XTRII rifle scopes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    There is a decent thread on the hide about them.
    Looks like most problems are with the illumination and turn around times on warranty.

Had first seen one of these new Burris scopes while looking for information on the new SEB bipod. The op of the thread seems to like them.
    http://forums.gunsandammo.com/showthread.php?19200-My-Joy-Pod-s-are-here
    333b4b7e04fedba6100142f30db5a427.jpg

901d62d048233881ff91e50c2e50ef0c.jpg

c24da296ba478cced88be43563d8c9e9.jpg

Last edited:

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    I was wondering if anybody had any experiences with the XTRII line of rifle scopes from Burris. I am considering the 3x15x50mm version for my hunting rifle. It offers a lot for the money. I am kinda torn between the Nightforce SHV, and this one. Here is the link for the Burris:

http://www.burrisoptics.com/xtr3x15x.html

If you can make it to Hammond, come check out the one of the largest Nightforce Dealers in North America. We sell a ton of the Burris XTRs as well.

I don't think that comparing the Nightforce SHV scopes to the Burris Extreme Tactical II scopes is really a fair comparison. Optically, I find the two to be similar in clarity, however the Nightforce to me has better resolution. Color and contrast are too close to call for me.

The XTR being FFP and the Nightforce being SFP kinda makes comparison in features difficult.

For reticle selection, I give the nod to the Nightforce. I prefer the MOAR to the older Gen2 Mil dot that Burris is using. Supposedly the SCR reticle will be an offering for 2015 and that would fit my taste as well.

Not sure what you are going for in terms of size, but the new 3-10 SHV I think is going to be a great introduction to the line for them.

I would suggest trying to put hands on both and letting your eyes do the deciding. Come on down when you get a chance and well pull them all out and play.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I have been very happy with the original Burris XTR and normally don't shoot outside of 300 yds.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom