Buy a long rifle in LA @ a dealer and live in MS?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • todbnla

Spendasauris
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Picayune, MS
    Can I buy a long rifle in LA @ any gun dealer and take it home to MS? Or, do I have to buy just in the state I live? (long guns only) :confused:

PLMK, Thanks.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I thought there were no restrictions on buying a long gun from a FFL in another state unless it was an NFA item. My cousin is a Florida resident and he purchased a Remington 870 Police Magnum from a Louisiana FFL just a few months ago. I came close to purchasing a Remington 700P from an Arizona pawn shop in 2005 and an AK74 from a Florida gun store in 2007. IIRC both dealers said it was no problem that I was a Louisiana resident, although the Arizona dealer kind of balked when I told him I was going to Fedex the rifle to my home address because I flew in.

Then again, there could be a state law that I am unaware of that overrides this.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    I thought there were no restrictions on buying a long gun from a FFL in another state unless it was an NFA item. My cousin is a Florida resident and he purchased a Remington 870 Police Magnum from a Louisiana FFL just a few months ago. I came close to purchasing a Remington 700P from an Arizona pawn shop in 2005 and an AK74 from a Florida gun store in 2007. IIRC both dealers said it was no problem that I was a Louisiana resident, although the Arizona dealer kind of balked when I told him I was going to Fedex the rifle to my home address because I flew in.

Then again, there could be a state law that I am unaware of that overrides this.

Yeah, when I was in Oklahoma a few years ago was when I found out I couldn't buy a handgun out of state (without transfer), but the store owner said I could purchase a long gun, IIRC, that was a while back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom