Buying guns from a “gun buy back”

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I enjoyed the fact that he was thorough and took the time to show and explain everything he was talking about. Also I don’t think that guys channel is a gun channel. He has tons of subscribers who are clueless when it comes to guns I’d imagine.
    I’ve attended two buybacks. One I did just ok, mostly because of the area. I found it difficult to find a decent spot away from the actual event and still be able to intercept folks. The other I did very well. A few simple rules helped me out. I brought a trusted buddy and we backed each other up. Brought plenty of money. Used the same line to break the ice, “hey, if you’d rather cash and still remain legal come see me” or “I could legally offer you more than they’re paying”. Had printed copies of legal private gun sale laws with me. I kept a low profile.
    The first one I thought I was good but after a couple of purchases I realized someone had reported me to someone at the event and I was approached and told to leave, which was a shame because I was doing pretty good. I left immediately. Cops can arrest you for anything and even if you win later in court you’re taking a risk.
    Most people turning in guns are going for the payout. A hundred dollar bill looks a lot better than a gas card or gift card if you present the proof that you’re acting legally. You just might save a few vintage closet queens in the process too, especially if they run out of gift cards!

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Little old ladies and WWII vets aside, I would be hesitant to buy from just anybody along the roadside fearing ending up with a weapon that was stolen.
    You think these sellers would be willing to ID themselves and sign a BOS?
    I like the idea of saving old guns from destruction (and getting good but very cheap guns).
    Ed

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Another cost associated with these events, beyond payout and personnel salary, is the actual destruction costs. Our department has to pay an approved shop to destroy surrendered guns, can't just give a supervised trustee a cutting torch or bring them over to the city barn, so even not hosting such foolish events, we take in numerous guns throughout each year that people just don't want which they don't want to sell to just anybody on the street, and it costs our department to appropriately dispose of them.

Top Bottom