C&R license HELP!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayoudave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2014
    Raceland
    In Lafourche parish does anyone know of the address or location to where I have to send the CLEO copy to? Ive called to offices and was forwarded to another to no avail as I plead for some direction..... So far Ive been asked what is curio and relic , and they never heard of it....so here I come to get professional help. Don't know which office branch to bring this too, Thanks in advance fellas ....yall got the answers

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Just send it to the Sheriff's office. They don't have to do anything with it unless they want to file it. There's no approval, and your cover letter should state that it's a notification only. That's if you live out of town. If you live in a city, send it to the attention of your chief of police.

Last edited:

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    Question..With a C&R, is the form sent to the CLEO just as a heads up? Or can he do something to deny it? I always thought the CLEO could do something to deny a FFL. Or is it diferant with C&R or am I just stupid?

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    The C&R is just an info copy to the CLEO, they can file it, trash it, whatever they want. On the other hand Class 3 permits must be approved by the CLEO.

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    When I submitted mine I attached a cover letter that said this document was for compliance with Federal regulations and no action was required on their part .

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Just curios what good does a c and r license do u? Is it a pain to get?thsnks , swingey

It is not difficult. Fill out the paperwork and send it in. It cost $30 for 3 years, it took 30 days for mine to come back. You can purchase any C&R eligible firearm and it will be shipped to your house.

gandog56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2013
    Mobile, AL.
    Just curios what good does a c and r license do u? Is it a pain to get?thsnks , swingey

Basically, it means you can get a C&R pistol or rifle shipped straight to your house without going through (and paying extra for) an FFL. It's almost painless and good for three years. I figure I've already saved well over $900 in transfer fees alone.

Top Bottom