Calcasieu Parish Sheriff on Open Carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    And just by reading this thread you can tell who is in line with what camp....

The first 2 are legit OCing IMO (which, for the record I think is stupid. I can do it and still don't) and I would never screw with or even talk to them past a hello unless someone called on them. The second 2 are trying to start **** and make an issue of things for the sake of bringing attention to the OCing issue (which they did with quit awesomely expected results because of their stupidity). I absolutely wouldn't talk to them at all unless I got a call about them, because Id tell them they were ****ing idiots and Id end up on Youtube, in an IAB and suspended............ all over the truth.

Word.

it'll get better. I remember the last time we had this discussion. If thread doesnt get locked before page 4, we're in for a treat.

Where do we place the bets? This thread is moving slow, so I say it gets to 5 pages before the lock. If we don't reach page 4, it's a push? :rofl:

I hope they are. I encourage people to legally arm themselves. I deleted the English lesson, complete with a typographical error, before your last post. The main reason was that I liked my other point about the flag avatar so much better. As you are fully aware, I didn't like the fear reference.

I honestly hope you have a nice life. I also hope that both of us learn to treat everyone with dignity and respect.

Do you carry? If so, do you carry openly or concealed? Why are you scared of people that OC?

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I hope they are. I encourage people to legally arm themselves. I deleted the English lesson, complete with a typographical error, before your last post. The main reason was that I liked my other point about the flag avatar so much better. As you are fully aware, I didn't like the fear reference.

I honestly hope you have a nice life. I also hope that both of us learn to treat everyone with dignity and respect.

I wish you would have left your correction of my accidental use of the word your instead of you're, as an educational tool for all. (Can't find an eye roll smiley thing on my iPhone)
    20e213d605568cf085936d8674f3e7b9.jpg

I gave myself a F+, I hope the + is ok...?

Yes, I am completely serious. I think I laid out how it is a violation of the rights of others pretty well. See...you are that person who enjoys negative attention. I could discern that by your display of a Confederate Battle Flag. I am "scared" that there are still people in society who think that certain identifiable groups of people are somehow less than others and deserving of captivity. Is that your idea of preserving rights?

I have never held anyone in captivity. I also have never insinuated that any group was better than another, except for muslims; they suck.

Last edited:

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I'd like to know how many people we open carrying at the time they lost their **** and starting shooting everyone. Sounds like some CNN ******** to me. I agree with all the other reasons against open carry, but to say it's not a right because others might be scared? I'm sure they have room in Europe for one more person.

Last edited:

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    The burden of proving the officer is lying is on you... prove that he actually DID see your seatbelt on... prove that you don't resemble even closely any criminal walking the street that he may have access to a picture of and seen at one time or another. I'm not arguing semantics at all... If they are creative and willing to do the paperwork, there's not a damn thing you can do about it... try it with the wrong officer and tell us how it goes. There doesn't have to be any fabricated charge... no harassment (which would have to occur multiple times, a singe instance is not considered harassment)... all completely within the guidelines of the law as it's laid out.

Oh, and... Not trying to be a dick.

So apparently your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking.

You are justifying an illegal search and seizure based off of opinions and rhetoric.

Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    This thread is deteriorating.
    The original post was about one thing: does "open carry" constitute an offense such that an LEO may lawfully stop one under Louisiana Code of Criminal Procedure art. 251.1.
    (The answer is "no".)

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I have never held anyone in captivity. I also have never insinuated that any group was better than another, except for muslims; they suck.

I'd like to know how many people we open carrying at the time they lost their **** and starting shooting everyone. Sounds like some CNN ******** to me. I agree with all the other reasons against open carry, but to say it's not a right because others might be scared? I'm sure they have room in Europe for one more person.

This thread is getting good. :dogkeke:

Seriously though, OC is not something that I advocate or practice. The argument that OC makes you nervous, so therefore they are violating your rights is not a valid one. OC individuals do not equal people who are mass murderers or will become one. What if I consider backwards hats and saggy pants scary because they may be gangsters? Or immediately hide the children as soon as I see someone with strange glasses and a mustache because I automatically assume they are rapists? Are people with saggy pants, backwards hats, glasses, and mustaches violating my rights?

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    This thread is getting good. :dogkeke:

Seriously though, OC is not something that I advocate or practice. The argument that OC makes you nervous, so therefore they are violating your rights is not a valid one. OC individuals do not equal people who are mass murderers or will become one. What if I consider backwards hats and saggy pants scary because they may be gangsters? Or immediately hide the children as soon as I see someone with strange glasses and a mustache because I automatically assume they are rapists? Are people with saggy pants, backwards hats, glasses, and mustaches violating my rights?

We just did it with the Confederate flag. Or hell, anything to do with the confederacy for that matter. Apparently the sight of it violates a number of peoples rights by offending them. Never mind what the flag or history means to you... it only matters what everyone else thinks about what you think anymore.

Couldn't the same argument apply to someone Open Carrying? Someone was offended by it when they saw it, it made them uncomfortable, the sight of it traumatized them, it was infringing on their right to live in peace? Ironically, some of the same reasons the lawsuits would pile up against you if you ever pulled your Carry Pistol in public.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    We just did it with the Confederate flag. Or hell, anything to do with the confederacy for that matter. Apparently the sight of it violates a number of peoples rights by offending them. Never mind what the flag or history means to you... it only matters what everyone else thinks about what you think anymore.

Couldn't the same argument apply to someone Open Carrying? Someone was offended by it when they saw it, it made them uncomfortable, the sight of it traumatized them, it was infringing on their right to live in peace? Ironically, some of the same reasons the lawsuits would pile up against you if you ever pulled your Carry Pistol in public.

Can you tell me where one could find tin foil in bulk?

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Can you tell me where one could find tin foil in bulk?

Hmmm... I think bulk lead would be easier to find. :)

I'm just playing devils advocate and being realistic. I don't live in fantasy worlds that "everything will be okay". Corruption exists, lies will be told, mistakes will be made, opinions will be given. I don't believe everything is cut and dry... I read between the lines... argue points... etc. Am I "correct" in everything? Nah... I don't assume to be... but it's fun to watch the rats race when the cheese is thrown into the middle of the cage.

Wow... 50 posts, about 20 different subjects and not locked yet??

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Hmmm... I think bulk lead would be easier to find. :)

I'm just playing devils advocate and being realistic. I don't live in fantasy worlds that "everything will be okay". Corruption exists, lies will be told, mistakes will be made, opinions will be given. I don't believe everything is cut and dry... I read between the lines... argue points... etc. Am I "correct" in everything? Nah... I don't assume to be... but it's fun to watch the rats race when the cheese is thrown into the middle of the cage.

Wow... 50 posts, about 20 different subjects and not locked yet??

I think my sarcasm was deflected by the tin foil.

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    What I find sad is I would assume MOST people here are firearms enthusiasts, but once again, here we are DIVIDED.

As that wedge is driven between us we only become weaker.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What I find sad is I would assume MOST people here are firearms enthusiasts, but once again, here we are DIVIDED.

As that wedge is driven between us we only become weaker.

Meh! Philosophical differences about OC vs CC are impertinent to the big picture.

Now if king and Dave_M (just as an example), decide that they will oppose each others Right to do either at the ballot box, that is a problem.

But thanks for White Knighting the thread! :p

I'm teasing of course!

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Meh! Philosophical differences about OC vs CC are impertinent to the big picture.

Now if king and Dave_M (just as an example), decide that they will oppose each others Right to do either at the ballot box, that is a problem.

But thanks for White Knighting the thread! :p

I'm teasing of course!

All joking aside, I have no issue with anyone doing as they please. I only ask that they do, whatever they wish to do, responsibly.

Swampghost

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Metairie, LA

I was merely stating that the "open carry people" were exhibiting the ability and opportunity to kill. That's not an opinion. Am I the only person who thinks that it is slightly odd for a civilian (non LEO) walk through the Hammond Walmart "strapped-up" with a cocked and locked pistol not concealed? Is that really what you want to do? It's not going to help you with the ladies, if that's what you're thinking. Liken the "rights of others" argument to noise ordinances. I can listen to loud music all day, until it infringes on someone else's ability to enjoy their day. If we can't have one mildly dissenting opinion, why not just state the outcome of the discussion and be finished? Regarding the population in Europe, I've served our country for 26 years, so I feel like I'm in pretty good standing in the U.S. If you believe that someone should leave the U.S. for having an opinion that differs from yours, in what country do you belong?

Infidel: There were a few coherence issues in your other posts, but, other than that, they looked good enough from a grammatical standpoint.

Last edited:

Swampghost

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Word.

Where do we place the bets? This thread is moving slow, so I say it gets to 5 pages before the lock. If we don't reach page 4, it's a push? :rofl:

Do you carry? If so, do you carry openly or concealed? Why are you scared of people that OC?

I carry a pistol all day, every day. Again, I encourage people to legally arm themselves. No one seems to be comprehending that part of my post. I do not accept the premise that I am "scared of people who OC." I believe in risk management. I don't walk on building ledges without a specific reason. I don't hang around people who are obviously armed when I don't know them, their level of training, or their credentials. That would be less than smart. Avoiding OC'ing people is not a function of being afraid. It's a function of situational awareness and personal security.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom