California, land of the police state.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    Looks like they tried to use strong arm tactics to keep them from getting too close to the people they were protesting against.

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    The police are people too, and just like people they like playing dress-up. JK, by showing up in a more menacing uniform they are projecting force to control a potentially unruly crowd with out actually having to use force. If it became necessary, then the department would already be prepared for an extreme escalation in violence.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    Agreed, but wouldn't it make more sense to hold the troops in reserve and just monitor the situation? Presenting the swat team seemed to really get the protesters riled up and escalate the situation.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    1-For SWAT they sure leave a lot of uncovered back side. People in houses and yards constantly milling on the swat's six. I see a church bell tower too.

2-It's a matter of time till some one somewhere reacts in a really nasty manner.

3-Is this about the police dog attacking women and children last week in Anaheim ?

More over reaction to stop the over reacting ??

Nevarwinter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gretna, LA
    More over reaction to stop the over reacting ??

Why not? Beating a mean dog always makes it nicer.

Eventually, we'll be graced with those who fear Obama's brownshirts, but will cheer this as completely justified.

and yes, this is about the Anaheim dog attack and corresponding over-reaction.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Agreed, but wouldn't it make more sense to hold the troops in reserve and just monitor the situation? Presenting the swat team seemed to really get the protesters riled up and escalate the situation.

As with nearly all these posts, an assumption is being made based on a video the protester(s) made. California (so cal especially) has some of the most deluded, self-righteous, wrongful sense of entitlement people in the US.

Seems like they may have provoked a response since the signs were already made saying "look at my military police." If this was recent, then this was most likely in related to the other police brutality gatherings/riots.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    As with nearly all these posts, an assumption is being made based on a video the protester(s) made. California (so cal especially) has some of the most deluded, self-righteous, wrongful sense of entitlement people in the US.

Seems like they may have provoked a response since the signs were already made saying "look at my military police." If this was recent, then this was most likely in related to the other police brutality gatherings/riots.

Its recent, July 30. But your right it is from the crowds point of view, and unless the police set out that morning to violate civil rights I'm sure the crowd did antagonize the police. Which is why I prefaced the posting with the fact that I didn't have any background on the story.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Its recent, July 30. But your right it is from the crowds point of view, and unless the police set out that morning to violate civil rights I'm sure the crowd did antagonize the police. Which is why I prefaced the posting with the fact that I didn't have any background on the story.

Blame my upbringing, but I immediately assume that these are mommy and daddy's spoiled angels that think they can do/say whatever they want in the name of their constitutional right. "If I throw my **** at a cop, that's just free speech."

They're coming right from the generation of "don't spank your children" and "everyone's a winner... we just play for fun."

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Blame my upbringing, but I immediately assume that these are mommy and daddy's spoiled angels that think they can do/say whatever they want in the name of their constitutional right. "If I throw my **** at a cop, that's just free speech."

They're coming right from the generation of "don't spank your children" and "everyone's a winner... we just play for fun."

this.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom