Camping rigs?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Post up your setup.
    We actually have 3 setups, 1 being a tent but it rarely used unless it is a guys weekend or something similar.
    Second is our 28' bunkhouse. It is a 2010 Cherokee Grey Wolf that we bought new in 2009 and thoroughly enjoy our family time in it. We mostly hit state parks and local campgrounds within a 3 hour drive from home to save on fuel cost. Most recent trip was 2 weeks ago to a little campground on the homochitto river. In the last year, a cousin that we are close with has also gotten into camping so it makes for some good times to have 2 families and our kids all camping together. For some reason, I dont really have any pics of ot but my wife has a ton. Here is the best I have on my computer, it is behind my 2000 f250 crew cab 4wd 7.3/6speed:
    255615_1936660429108_1620282401_1907164_6635495_n-Copy.jpg

Third is the White Trash Waldorf. It is a 1985 palomino slide in pop up. This is the "Jeep camper" as my son calls it because it is what we stay in when going out of town trail riding. It facilitates towing my jeep on the trailer and not having to stay in a tent. The first trip we made was a 26 degree night and the wife was sold on it! It is nothing fancy at all, but has heat, air conditioning, stove and fridge and full and twin beds and we always have a great time when staying in this because we are basicly combining most of our hobbies into 1 trip. We stayed in it for a week last summer in hot springs and are currently planning a 10 day trip to the grand canyon and Moab, UT next year.
    320133_2257879419382_1620282401_2224549_352560733_n.jpg

photo-82.jpg

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I just use the tent. I was looking into getting a popup for pulling behind the jeep during rides, but i doubt id be able to putt it up to the bluff when going out to Sicily Island, among other offroad areas that ive camped. So for now, its just the tent.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    a6f9c2f9-917b-75b4.jpg

Went from a tent to this and now we are looking at a 22 foot hard wall camper to make life easier with a kid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339461935001.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1339461935001.jpg
      140.9 KB · Views: 45

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    ed, does have some toys, the new jeep is going to need a trailer pretty soon if you keep going.. lol

New jeep is street only! For a while anyway!
    I grew up camping in tents. We were tent camping when my son was in diapers. We went to a popup when we realized how hard it was to sleep while sweating and my son couldnt take a nap in mid summer. Popup was essentially a tent with ac for us and served us well. Several days of rain and a 3 year old cramped in a small popup is what made us want a bigger trailer. We originally were wanting a 18-22' camper but the tiny price difference made the step up to a 28' very easy.
    Big problem with too many toys and hobbies is I am always broke!

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Always wondered, does the A/C keep them things nice and cool?

The new ones are excellent. Ours is 21 years old now and the a/c needed a little help so I cut reflectix to put in all the windows and over the bunk ends. Made all the difference in the world. In direct sun in the middle of summer it will keep it below 80 and that is plenty for me. Plus it gives the added benefit of making it a bit darker during the day for naps, and keeps shadows from showing outside at night while the lights are on.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Got reservations in the Smokie mts. next week for the 35' gas burner that can't pass a gas station up without screaming" fill me up.":thumbsdown: I'll be broke staying 12 days up there:doh: ,at least gas is down every where except La. paid $3.12 in Gulfport todaY. Gas buddy .com says BIRINGHAM,Al has it for less than $3 . Oh can't post pictures .

Last edited:

Jimmy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I have reservations in a couple of weeks at Cajun rv in Biloxi and then Cajun palms the weekend after 4th of July. And then going to lincoln state park in Ruston end of July. Picked up my camper from a FEMA auction for $4000. It is an 06 Jayco Jayflight dealer model. Only difference between this one and one bought off a dealership is graphics and awning.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339464642.274311.jpg

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    I had bought a fema camper last year to use to stay in while I was working out of town. Was going to sell it but actually thinking about keeping it and doing a little camping. Will be going soon to Flint creek. Considering adding an awning and some graphics and possibly looking into adding holding tanks. If anyone has one of these and has done any of this I would appreciate any info.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    I've always wanted a pop-up. But the family and I enjoy our trips with the tent and sleeping bags.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I love our new popup. That AC is incredible. I could probably cool my house with that thing! First trip out I woke up and found my lab shivering.

I'll try to get a good pic of the camper next trip out.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I haven't given up on tent camping. I'd rather be backpacking than RV'ing but if I want the family to go camping an RV was the only choice. My wife says she's too old to sleep on the ground now... have to admit the popup is more comfortable, but I miss the isolation. When the weather cools off I know a few roads that dead end at a river where we can camp without power...

Top Bottom