Can a FFL set up a SOG T53 group buy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I hear that SOG has T53's in stock for 94 dollars when you purchase 3 or more, would it be possible for an FFL to set up a gruop buy on them? looking for probably 2 myself, and have a friend for a 3rd, I understand the need for making a profit(so a reasonable markup is acceptable), but these are great prices for a Mosin carbine, they usually have great metal, but horrible stocks, but shoot great! So if anyone knows an FFL that may be willing to set up a group buy, please PM me or post their info here! also if someone who has the ability to check with SOG confirm how many they have? Thanks guys! lets get this going!!!!

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    cnodie1 may have an FFL on board, so when we find out how many rifles SOG has, and how much in the end we are looking at, we shall post it!!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    If not too far out of the way, I'd be done for a couple. I have a C&R so maybe I could skirt the transfer fee, too, since it's just bookkeeping and no 4473 :D /hoping.

Otherwise, maybe I'll just buy a few outright. At that price, it couldn't hurt to get one or two more than I care for.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    If not too far out of the way, I'd be done for a couple. I have a C&R so maybe I could skirt the transfer fee, too, since it's just bookkeeping and no 4473 :D /hoping.

Otherwise, maybe I'll just buy a few outright. At that price, it couldn't hurt to get one or two more than I care for.

I just want to know how many rifles SOG has... that is my main worry that they are going to be running out soon...

GaryCCR

Off target
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    The only thing the website says is; "Availability: In stock." Just get a c&r license, it's only $30! If you buy 2 guns you already save money. I bought a T53 in January with handpick and all the numbers matched, 90% bluing, beautiful metal with a great bore, but it had that bad wood (as most do). You don't get a discount if you add handpick, it's still $110 each. Buds is now outta stock. Wideners has "Like new" M44s for $220.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    The only thing the website says is; "Availability: In stock." Just get a c&r license, it's only $30! If you buy 2 guns you already save money. I bought a T53 in January with handpick and all the numbers matched, 90% bluing, beautiful metal with a great bore, but it had that bad wood (as most do). You don't get a discount if you add handpick, it's still $110 each. Buds is now outta stock. Wideners has "Like new" M44s for $220.
    By the time a application would go through I bet they would be gone... this is probably a 1 month window max we have....

GaryCCR

Off target
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    Ohhhh.. I was hoping someone would say, "Yeah, you should get that Tokarev..." Now I'm leaning Mosin again! I think the handpick was worth it. Century has got a deal on T53s, 5 u-fix-ems for $500. Not really worth it if you can get a nice one from SOG for $110.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Ohhhh.. I was hoping someone would say, "Yeah, you should get that Tokarev..." Now I'm leaning Mosin again! I think the handpick was worth it. Century has got a deal on T53s, 5 u-fix-ems for $500. Not really worth it if you can get a nice one from SOG for $110.
    Hmm... I had an experience with a u-fix-em with a T53... an out of round chamber, its sitting at the gunsmiths rigth now and I said he can have it... serious problems from it, and it may not be fixeable I just wrote it off... it may not be fixable and always jam up... I mean it jammed up bad... so sometimes the chinese messed up bad...

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Have a FFL on board, we are checking with SOG, on their stock status, and once we figure that out, we are going to get the buy organized, first thing first, we are figuring out how man SOG has...

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Word from SOG is that they have 200+ so we are good on that, so for details on FFL please PM me, also PM me how many your interested in and Name and contact info, we are estimating the price to be under $150 after all is said and done (hopefully) but we will give an estimate soon...

Top Bottom