Can a Sig Sauer be a Ghost?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One news outlet says father purchased a Sig Sauer 9mm days before the student murdered classmates.

This news outlet says the gun used was a "ghost gun".

So is it possible to build a Sig Sauer 9mm that has no serial number and qualifies as a "ghost gun"?

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I've seen multiple reports that it was a Sig his father purchased black Friday. My guess is that's not as sensational as a scary ghost gun, and doesn't get as many clicks.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    One news outlet says father purchased a Sig Sauer 9mm days before the student murdered classmates.

So is it possible to build a Sig Sauer 9mm that has no serial number and qualifies as a "ghost gun"?
    No

(edit)...SIG Sauer doesnt make ghost gun parts, but of course, as southerncanuck stated below, you can build anything these days.

Last edited:

tun_o_matic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Walker, LA

Those are two different cases. One was Michigan and the other Arizona.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans

Yes.

The only part of the P320 (and P365) that's serialized is the frame of the fire control unit, and you can buy one of those as an 80% unit (https://jsdsupply.com/shop/80-p320-compatible-insert-mup-1/) and a jig (https://jsdsupply.com/shop/jig-for-80-p320-compatible-insert-mup-1/)

You can get a full completion kit (https://jsdsupply.com/shop/sig-sauer-p320-full-size/) or source your own FCU parts kit, frame and slide.

Major financial commitment to the tinfoil hat squad in this case... for the price of a "ghost" you could buy two of them from your local store.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    The Cesar Chavez High School shooting in Phoenix involved a teenager selling a Poly80 "ghost gun" to another teenager who tried paying with fake money.

The Oxford High School shooting in Michigan involved a teenager with a Sig Sauer.

Sorry I didn't realize this was already stated. I had the tab open from earlier and didn't refresh before posting. Don't see how I can delete a post on the new system so just editing instead.

Top Bottom