Can anyone recommend a Chrome Plating shop

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    Looking for a Chrome Plating shop around the Hammond area. After 10 yrs it is time to put a face lift on my motorcycle. I have a set of aluminum rims I would like to get chromed. Found a place on ebay that does an exchange program, but I would rather keep it local if possible. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

I would also consider polishing. I have seen some aluminum rims that were polished, and looked like chrome. Anyone know of a vendor that does that type of work?

Sigforty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007
    In Baton Rouge they have the Chrome Man. I had him do some carb parts for me, and it came out great. Only issue is it is a cash business.

killdee

Wanderer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    BR, LA
    In Baton Rouge they have the Chrome Man. I had him do some carb parts for me, and it came out great. Only issue is it is a cash business.
    Heard from a hot-rodder friend that the Chrome Man does good work. Maybe not Barrett-Jackson standards, but pretty darn good and reasonably priced. FWIW. He didn't mention the cash business, but that might leave a little more negotiating room for you.

tudobem

Non-conformist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Hammond
    My mom's "boyfriend" has a place in Gretna, I've never been there but I am told he does good work. He is getting on up in years and has been looking to sell the business, but he is still working at least 3 days a week.

Gretna Plating & Polishing, 725 Carricox St, Gretna, LA 70053 (504) 367-2214

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom