Can I carry on WMA land?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johngunguy

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    LEANDER, TEXAS
    At Honey Island I believe it is okay to have firearms when going to the range. If not during hunting season you cannot have a firearm. We almost got into trouble when I let my 10 yr old son carry a .22 revolver with snake loads in it when we were trying to crawfish. The warden just let me put the gun away and didn't ticket us, I thought that was nice of him.

John

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    At Honey Island I believe it is okay to have firearms when going to the range. If not during hunting season you cannot have a firearm. We almost got into trouble when I let my 10 yr old son carry a .22 revolver with snake loads in it when we were trying to crawfish. The warden just let me put the gun away and didn't ticket us, I thought that was nice of him.

John

I thought it was ok to carry a 22 with no10 rat shot i believe?

So if you are in a boat launched via a non WMA but you get into a WMA via water can you still carry? I know im digging, but sometimes it happens when we fish.

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    You can not possess a handgun on any wma during closed gun hunting seasons. You can however carry a 22 pistol loaded with rat shot during the bow only hunting season. If you are on a waterway that passes thru the boundries of a wma you must have it cased and unloaded and be going to your destination directly.

Top Bottom