Can I Sell A

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Do you know he live's in Mississippi? Does his cousin from Louisiana want it?

It's illegal. I don't know the answers to the above questions.

pallnet

I like chicken..
    Rating - 50%
    2   2   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Slidell
    Not meaning to thread jack. I feel like my question is along the same lines:

I have a friend that lives in Mississippi and I live in Slidell. This friend of mine has an AR-15 lower that he will sell me. Now He and myself have read online at the ATF Online website that he can't sell it to me without shipping it to one of my local FFL's or are we misreading it?. So a few days ago I called one of the local FFL's here in Slidell and they told me that I didn't have to have it shipped to them and that all I needed to do was get a complete bill of sale. Is there any truth to what they told me or are they not up to speed with the law?

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html#gca-unlicensed-transfer

thanks
    pallnet

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Please note that if a private person wants to obtain a firearm from a private person who resides in another State, the firearm will have to be shipped to an FFL in the buyer’s State. The FFL will be responsible for record keeping. See also Question B3.

^^^^Second to last question of the page you linked

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    IIRC, only a handgun may not be sold across state lines without a FFL transfer done. A long gun may or may not be legal to do so. Consult a lawyer for factual knowledge, trusting data from internet chat isn't advisable.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    IIRC, only a handgun may not be sold across state lines without a FFL transfer done. A long gun may or may not be legal to do so. Consult a lawyer for factual knowledge, trusting data from internet chat isn't advisable.

It's the other way around.

DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I'd just like to say hi to all the ATF employees that have dropped in to check us out.

I'm not sure the ATF has much concern with a few individuals who express interest in researching the legal sale/transfer of firearms. All of the posts I've read so far seem to have been by folks interested in abiding by laws.

GWB

dumb? you better be tough
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Fleming Island, FL
    What if you own 2 houses in two different states? Which state can you buy guns in?does it go off the state you pay taxes in, or the one you have a drivers license for, or do you just need a deed or mortgage paperwork to prove residence. Or will an electricity bill do, (for the people who don't drive, and rent a place to live)

richiespng

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    Handguns - no private transfer across state lines (I know)
    longguns - private transfer OK (I think)

This is correct.

What if you own 2 houses in two different states? Which state can you buy guns in?does it go off the state you pay taxes in, or the one you have a drivers license for, or do you just need a deed or mortgage paperwork to prove residence. Or will an electricity bill do, (for the people who don't drive, and rent a place to live)

The state you have residency in.

Top Bottom