Can you recommend me some good CCW literature?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Actually theres quite a few good books out there for "continueing education", read all of them if you have the time and inclination. A lot of the literature is pretty dated when it comes to specifics though due to technology on holsters and new guns / ammunition types, so sometimes it can be better to just get the magazines and weed out all the obvious bull and marketing.

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    I have that book by Mr. Ayoob and its got a lot of information but it is general information, I'd look at something with more LA. specific laws. I still recommend the book though, he's got a lot of good stuff on carrying and drawing options, including ammo and pistol test using pig heads.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Go here: http://www.ayoob.com/ It's Massad Ayoob's website "Police Bookshelf" and has more books and DVDs than you will ever need! I got the DVD "Judicious Use of Deadly Force" and it is amazing. It goes from where your CHP class leaves off -- depending on who teaches it. But this video has a bunch of "what if's" and "OK, now what?" scenarios taught by Mas himself. It's a 2 hour video portion from one of his classes. Great!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Why don't you just take your class, see what you learn in it, and move on from there?

You know; you could possibly fail the shooting portion and be denied. Just sayin.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I found Chris Bird's "Concealed Handgun Manual" quite interesting and informative. He's probably on the 5th or 6th edition by now.

Il_Baffo

Tacticool
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Why don't you just take your class, see what you learn in it, and move on from there?

You know; you could possibly fail the shooting portion and be denied. Just sayin.

LOL. You had me all worried about the shooting portion until I did it and the furthest I had to shoot from was 5 yards. I might be new to CCW but I know how to shoot a handgun...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    LOL. You had me all worried about the shooting portion until I did it and the furthest I had to shoot from was 5 yards. I might be new to CCW but I know how to shoot a handgun...

Welcome to the brotherhood!

After a few weeks of wondering where you can and can't carry; and worrying about all of the goodness that comes with that, you can add some interseting exlpoits of you adventures in some of the numerous discussions of same.

Oh, and just cause you said you shot well doesn't necessarily mean I believe you. :p

Top Bottom