Cannon gun safe

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buck3050

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    LaPlace
    Urgent
    I have a Cannon Scout Gun safe with a digital key pad. Since getting flooded I managed to open the safe and removed my firearms and dry the inside of the safe. I put the firearms back in for security reasons. I tried getting back into the safe and the key pad beeps twice per number. I called Cannon and tried all their troubleshooting techniques to no avail. Anyone have experience with this happening and what did you do to get it open. Lock and safe guy maybe my next option. Help help help.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    have you done all the silly stuff, check battery, pull key pad off and make sure connections were tight and plugged up? i know my brother got his safe locked out and took a lot to get it open

BDill

What's This For Again
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    Moisture is most likely in the keypad (may have corroded the wiring/connections) from sitting in the hot humid home. Not sure if you take it off and let it completely dry out if it will work again. May need to give Danny's locksmith a call to get in.

buck3050

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    LaPlace
    Yes I did all the silly stuff. Hitting each button 3 times, new battery with expiration dates. Etc

- - - Updated - - -

Danny’s doesn’t mess with gun safes

folivier

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Quite a few gun safes use drywall as insulation, if that got wet it could hold quite a bit of water. I'd make sure it is totally dry before you put guns back in it. Don't want any moisture coming out and rusting your firearms.
    I'd contact the manufacturer and get their recommendations.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Quite a few gun safes use drywall as insulation, if that got wet it could hold quite a bit of water. I'd make sure it is totally dry before you put guns back in it. Don't want any moisture coming out and rusting your firearms.
    I'd contact the manufacturer and get their recommendations.

think guns are already back in there lol

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    like stated above possibly remove keypad and dry it off, put it in the sun or somthing, id remove the battery while drying

i think mine has a time out if it wont open the first 5 times, not sure how long the wait period is but it might have that

if you havent bought a brand new pack of 9v batterys and tried several "new" batterys id do that, i have put in what i thought was new before and it still beeps ect but wouldnt activate the unlock, battery was to weak, maybe trya that also

Last edited:

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    contact Cannon, tell them if flooded in the hurricane. They will send a company to open the safe and let you keep the safe, plus send you a replacement safe!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If the safe has the traditional 5 point handle, try to back it off from full turn just a smidge. My Fort Knox will sometimes do exactly what you are experiencing if the handle is turned all the way after closing.

Remember, just back it off enough that it isn't bottomed out. If that doesn't do it, try to back it off a little more the next time.

As mentioned, if it has a "time-out" feature after too many failed attempts, space out your attempts to avoid a lockout!

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    My Cannon went under water in the 2016 flood . I had already emptied it . They sent me a new larger one . I think they will pay for a locksmith to drill it .

buck3050

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    LaPlace
    Safe update

Great news. I talked to my BIL who happens to have the same model key pad. I took his off of his safe (his flooded also) and put it on mine and put my code in and bingo the safe opened up. Relief. Cannon no longer has that model keypad. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Great news. I talked to my BIL who happens to have the same model key pad. I took his off of his safe (his flooded also) and put it on mine and put my code in and bingo the safe opened up. Relief. Cannon no longer has that model keypad. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Awesome!

Take those guns out, put a dehumidifier or some type of moisture collection system that ALSO indicates whether moisture is present, and close it up for a few days.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    I do not know about Cannon but my safe with digital keypad also came with a key. If pad does not work, taking off pad there is a keyway for the key to open the safe. Mine is not a great safe, so this may be a low grade feature.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA

Wait, What? So if I took my keypad off my Cannon safe I could plug it in to your safe, input my code, and your safe would open? Did I read that right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom