Cannon shots heard, Brittany, LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Manouche

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    ascension parish
    Im just east of the Gonzales city limits in "Brittany" and Im hearing what sounds like a cannon. Heard it twice yesterday and a few times before that. It literally shakes the house. Anybody know what the explosions are about?

Last edited:

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    I live in Metairie and we have a few people that actually shoot cannons off during July 4th and New Years eve. (powder loads only I am sure.) I know it's very illegal but non the less they still do it. Shakes the house and rattles the windows. Once someone I knew had a window break. Maybe you have a neighbor with a new toy.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Alien battle cruisers, piloted by Mayans, dropping depth charges in preparation for 12/21/12. That's what I heard anyway. I read it online so it must be true.

Dave

bwalke1

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    my neighbor has one in Maurepas, on the Diversion canal not to far from you. looks like a civil war cannon without the wheels. He uses Acetylene to fire it. no flash but the noise is deafening and the house feels like an earthquake. The Accension parish SO at first said there was nothing they could do because the loud noise was not Music..really. its the way the noise ordinance is written. However the SO would get so many calls and complaints they grew tired of just answering the phone and said they were going to arrest him. He quit shooting now except once on new years eve and once for the 4th of July. He did not shoot it this weekend in case your wondering.

Top Bottom