Can't Get In Contact With Big Boy Armament

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    1st - congrats on your quick approval!

2nd - I would give Derek the benefit of the doubt. A couple of times I played phone tag with him. Also this isn't his only job.

I have a suppressor on order with him right now too.

Last edited:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Just because it got approved in January doesn't mean ATF shipped it then. It could of been approved the last day and January and it is either in the mail or ATF hasn't shipped it

Yeah my past cans he's called me the day the stamp comes in. I would not count on stamps to arrive in the mail just days after approved. Really buying a suppressor in November and getting an approval in January is unheard of to begin with.

I would imagine he doesn't have the stamp yet. If for some reason he's busy I'm sure it's for a good reason.

Wait a min.... You got a stamp approved in 2 months?

Yeah wtf right? I wish we were all so lucky.

HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    Thus my question... You positive it was approved and not just gone pending?

I dont mean to offend, but that amount of time right now is ... Well... Unlikely.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Derek is a legit guy, there have been times in the past he's been out of touch for a minute but I know lots of guys that have bought suppressors from him. I wouldn't worry, give the stamp some more time and then try contacting again.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Thanks for all the quick responses. I bought the can in September....no idea why I typed November whoops. This transaction was done on an eform so as soon as it is approved the stamp can be printed. At least this was the case for my SBR form. Do they still mail a hard copy? Purchasing from Derek was an absolute pleasure. It's just unsettling not getting a response. Thanks again guys.

Ian. I sent you an email. Your email was time stamped 7:28 last night. I unfortunately didn't see it. My cell is 225-276-4318 if you would like to call. I'm sorry I didn't respond quicker, but I don't think less than 12 hours justifies getting slammed on the forum. Have a great day.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Ian. I sent you an email. Your email was time stamped 7:28 last night. I unfortunately didn't see it. My cell is 225-276-4318 if you would like to call. I'm sorry I didn't respond quicker, but I don't think less than 12 hours justifies getting slammed on the forum. Have a great day.

What he said.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What he said.

He should not have said that. Should just post the facts and apologized. Others would have commented on the ops time frame.

This is good in two ways, one it keeps the customer for future purchases. Two, it shows others that he is a class act and worthy of their business.

Last edited:

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I can understand the excitement of getting your toys, but let’s be a little patient. I don’t think OP was bashing Derek, he just wanted to contact him and was hoping someone had some info.

I highly recommend Big Boy Armament for your suppressor needs. Derek is a great guy, patient, and very knowledgeable.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

It did not seem like you were slammed in the OP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom