Can't make up my mind

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    New Orleans, Lafayette, and SC
    So in the next month or so, I am most likely going to be adding a new gun to my collection. I have been going back and forth on whether I want a new rifle or handgun, and can't make up my mind. I already have plenty of handguns, but they are all single stacks or revolvers. I think it's about time for me to drink the glock koolaid. On the other hand, the only rifles I have are .22's, and I have been wanting to get an AK for a while. I have really been leaning towards the AK recently, until I walked into the gun shop today. They had a G19 Exo with tritium night sights for $590 which really got my attention. A little more than I want to spend, but not a bad deal at all. If I go the handgun route, I am most likely going to either get some type of G19(3rd gen, 4th gen, or 3rd gen exo) or a Ruger SR9 maybe, unless I find a used HK that I like for a good price. If I go rifle it's going to be an AK47, most likely some type of folder.

So What would you guys do, go for another handgun that you don't really need, or step up and get a big boy rifle....that I don't really need either.:D

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    One of the gun stores, I think maybe Atlantic Firearms, has RJ built AK's for about 600 buks, no frills or choices but I would go with it just for the name and warranty. Maybe you could have it in time to give birth @ the BDay Bash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    AK ammo is cheaper if that helps at all.

Will you eventually get both though?

Yea, eventually I will have both an AK and a G19, but probably won't get another gun after this next one for another year or two. I was really diggin the G19 exo, minus it being a gen 3, I really like the feel of the 4th gen more. I would love to step up to an AK though. Man I hate making these tough decisions, haha.

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Yea, eventually I will have both an AK and a G19, but probably won't get another gun after this next one for another year or two. I was really diggin the G19 exo, minus it being a gen 3, I really like the feel of the 4th gen more. I would love to step up to an AK though. Man I hate making these tough decisions, haha.

Get the AK. 4th gen Glocks in a bout a year might be cheaper, you never know.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    One of the gun stores, I think maybe Atlantic Firearms, has RJ built AK's for about 600 buks, no frills or choices but I would go with it just for the name and warranty. Maybe you could have it in time to give birth @ the BDay Bash

Yea, I actually saw that one last night while browsing and it caught my eye. I am really leaning towards a folder, but that one is still lingering in the back of my mind.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    If you can't decide on one, don't force it. Spend the money on ammo, training, or accesories that will enable you to carry everyday or be more proficient with the guns you already have.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    While we all know we'd prefer a rifle in a gunfight, chances are rare you'll ever get in a gunfight at a time you'll actually have your rifle available. IMHO, realistically speaking a good fighting handgun is more important than a rifle for normal folks like us. Go for the G19.

That said, you absolutely NEED an AK as well. Time to start selling stuff... :D

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You want the damned rifle, don't you? :D
    Well, I say get whatever makes you the happiest.

The pistols you currently have in your stable, do they fill your current needs as far as a carry gun goes? Because as Speed suggests, I'd consider that a priority.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    It's going to be another year before I get my CCW permit. I am moving back to LA in about 5 or 6 months, then I am going to have to wait another 6 months of being a LA resident before I can get it. So at the moment I don't carry on my person. Any of my handguns(except the .22) fulfill the role of being a truck gun perfectly though. I definitely intend to get a G19 for CCW, but like I said, that won't be for at least another year.

The more I think about it, I start to lean more towards an AK. If I go that route, I am going to have another decision to make. Whether to get an underfolder, or get regular wood furniture then possibly add a KVAR side folding stock to it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Get an AK... a cheap one... treat it like the dirty range whore she loves to be! More importantly... have fun!!

I was actually coming on to say that I think I have decided on getting a cheap underfolder. One of the reasons why I loved shooting so much when I was little is because it's fun. I am tired of shooting the same old stuff. I am ready to make some noise and satisfy the 9 year old in me haha. Plus, I will be saving some money, which will go towards more ammo.

So basically, you read my mind....:cheers:

Top Bottom