Car Chase in Slidell

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I was just out back having a smoke and I hear a group of sirens light up pretty close by, followed soon by the roar of an engine coming down the typically quiet street on which my girlfriend lives. Over the fence, I see a white newer model truck (looked like a Chevy, but he was hauling) come roaring by with a Slidell PD unit in pursuit.

The truck was headed for a dead end roundabout, so I decided to poke my head out front. I missed how it happened, but he managed to get by the officer, who I saw ripping away in the other direction shortly after I got out the front door.

Wonder what the deal is, and how the guy managed to get around the officer. I'll bet he had an "oh shite" moment at the end of the street, though.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Very few of our pursuits here in Slidell end up in the news unless it's during well trafficked daylight hours or the PIO does a press release. I'll be in to work later tonight and will post any releaseable details later. Probably wasn't more than one pursuit of a white pickup overnight, but what street was it on? PM me if you don't want to post it openly.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Very few of our pursuits here in Slidell end up in the news unless it's during well trafficked daylight hours or the PIO does a press release. I'll be in to work later tonight and will post any releaseable details later. Probably wasn't more than one pursuit of a white pickup overnight, but what street was it on? PM me if you don't want to post it openly.

That means you'll need to provide us with an "AAR" on this incident :rofl::rofl:

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    16-year-old leads police on chase that exceeds 100 mph
    by WWLTV.com

wwltv.com

Posted on August 18, 2010 at 3:47 PM

SLIDELL, La. – A 16-year-old was arrested early Wednesday after leading police on a high speed chase that at times exceeded 100 miles per hour and during which he drove through the front yards of homes, knocking over basketball goals and mailboxes, according to Slidell Police spokesman Kevin Foltz.

The pursuit of the driver, whose name was not released, began when Police Officer Jeremy Bertucci noticed the car driving erratically near Pine and Cypress Streets.

Foltz said Bertucci lost track of the vehicle for a short time but then picked it up again and was nearly hit by the truck as it went through a stop sign. Bertucci then attempted to stop the truck, which accelerated to speeds of up to 100 miles per hour.

Police used spike strips to eventually stop the truck and the teen and a passenger, identified as 24-year-old Jeffrey Ducre, jumped out and ran away.

A K-9 eventually was able to stop the teen, who, according to Foltz, was punching the dog in an attempt to get away. Ducre was also captured by a K-9.

Foltz said the truck had been stolen from a parking lot near Front Street and Cousin Street.

The teen driver was charged with unauthorized use of a vehicle, disobeying a stop sign, no driver’s license, two counts of aggravated assault, two counts of criminal damage and three counts of resisting arrest.

Ducre was arrested for unauthorized use of a vehicle, contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile and two counts of resisting an officer.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    And the proud owner gets his truck back with flat tires and lots of various damage.....hope the teens were " affluent "

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    At the entrance to the subdivision here, he went over the grass in some poor guys side yard twice, followed by the patrol car in both instances. There's 4 distinct sets of tire tracks.

From what I can tell, on the way in just cut the corner quite a bit. On the way out, it looks like he actually went through the guys driveway, dodged a green power box, split two trees by mere inches and took a straighter line out of the area. In both cases, the officer's tire tracks almost mirror his.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Hmmm, 16 with prior arrests. I'm confident that the proper action should be the simple execution of the 16 year old. He's old enough to know better, and has already demonstrated his uselessness to society and humanity. However, he should not be executed alone. His parents should accompany him into the Etrernal Dirtnap. :D

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Hmmm, 16 with prior arrests. I'm confident that the proper action should be the simple execution of the 16 year old. He's old enough to know better, and has already demonstrated his uselessness to society and humanity. However, he should not be executed alone. His parents should accompany him into the Etrernal Dirtnap. :D

I'll agree with that.

Top Bottom