Car Guys... Step inside Now with video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Hey fellas. Having a dyno day at a Shop in Covington. I am meeting up with my fellow Fbody brothers in Slidell at 11, grabbing a bite to eat then heading to the dyno. I know there are a few car guys on here that might want to get cars dynoed $75 for 2 full runs with printouts of your numbers. There are a few prizes for top HP, gonna have burgers and whatnot out there. They are going to have a few Turbo lsx cars that should be pushing out some big numbers. He will have a tuner out there if you choose to use his. We are eating at KY's old town in bicycle shop in Old town Slidell at 11am if you would like to join us. http://www.northshoreautoclinic.com/

March 2ed open at 10(I believe) and will be there until about 6ish

Last edited:

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Oh yea... a bunch of guys are just going to hang out and check the cars out. Pretty sure I am going to get dynoed just because Im curious about my numbers. Want to see how much an ls1 looses after 115k on the motor :p

Our group is going to be there all day until close then head out to the lakefront in Mandeville and hangout there for a bit.

Last edited:

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Last edited:

ngarre2

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Covington
    Man I would love to get my Mustang dynoed with the tune I have on it, but I'm playing in a softball tourney that day. When did they get a dyno?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Oh yea... a bunch of guys are just going to hang out and check the cars out. Pretty sure I am going to get dynoed just because Im curious about my numbers. Want to see how much an ls1 looses after 115k on the motor :p

Our group is going to be there all day until close then head out to the lakefront in Mandeville and hangout there for a bit.

Nothing if it was maintained even half-way decently. In a stock F-body with an A4 you're looking at 285-305 depending on the dyno, with an M6, you're looking at 290-310. BTDT, sold mine at 149K miles and it was still hanging with the new 2010 SS's. Dead-even every time I ran one. Every dyno I ever saw for an LS1 was in the ranges I gave you if the dyno was "normal" and the car was actually stock, unless it had some serious crap wrong with it.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Man I would love to get my Mustang dynoed with the tune I have on it, but I'm playing in a softball tourney that day. When did they get a dyno?

Its ok... We know you just don't want to come out and play with the Fbody's..... Mustang owners tend to be scared... hehe :) I kid I kid!!!

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Nothing if it was maintained even half-way decently. In a stock F-body with an A4 you're looking at 285-305 depending on the dyno, with an M6, you're looking at 290-310. BTDT, sold mine at 149K miles and it was still hanging with the new 2010 SS's. Dead-even every time I ran one. Every dyno I ever saw for an LS1 was in the ranges I gave you if the dyno was "normal" and the car was actually stock, unless it had some serious crap wrong with it.

Im running the M6. The new SS with the ls3.... I have destroyed a couple of them they are very heavy ladies.

ngarre2

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Covington
    Its ok... We know you just don't want to come out and play with the Fbody's..... Mustang owners tend to be scared... hehe :) I kid I kid!!!

How did you know?

But really I wanna see if this tune puts down as much as it feels...Tunes really wake up these new 5.0's

ngarre2

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Covington
    Looks good bro. Mods besides the tune?

Performance wise just the tune and a cold air intake, maybe the lower control arms if you count traction helping things...the rest are more just helpful things like short throw shifter, braided clutch line, catback exhaust ect

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Nice, what numbers where you pushing?

Edit: NVM.. just seen the link to the video

My carb very rich and once I leaned it down some power jumped up nicely. I found this motor does not need race gas or more than 36 degrees timing. Oh and It loved a 1 inch carb spacer, but hated a 2 inch one. The time I spent on the dyno was very educational, some times I thought would work great didn't always work out that way and vice versa. I did manage to put down 422 RWHP from a .060 over 427 BB Chevy.

Bam Bam

Top Bottom