Car is an extension of your home

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    I want to prove it to this cop because he was a grade A ******* and he was trying to mess with me because I look young.
    Harahan cops are power crazy assholes that have nothing better to do then mess with people because they didn't make the cut to be another cop like jefferson parish or somewhere else. And they should know the laws they are trying to enforce

I'm sure most Harahan cops are ok...don't use that broad brush on them because of 1 or 2.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    At my old highschool, the Firearm Free Zone signs were posted at the fence and every entrance to the property. So basically, carrying past the property line was no no. Some guy left his shotgun up on the gun rack by mistake one day, and of course one of the weak in the brian students freaked out and it blew up into this huge deal.

Read post #16

silverG6coupe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Are you going to help things by telling a cop "I told you so?"

No, I just think that if he wants to go around thinking that he is better than everyone and lecturing me on things that he apparently has no clue about. Then I think he needs to know the laws and I need to correct him.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    No, I just think that if he wants to go around thinking that he is better than everyone and lecturing me on things that he apparently has no clue about. Then I think he needs to know the laws and I need to correct him.

Don't go to the cop - go to the superior. Call their office and ask where to file a complaint.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    A brand new account, all for some cop hate. This seems to be a recurring topic so I'm sure you'll find others that share you point of view.

silverG6coupe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    As much as we all dislike cops, they do attempt to do the right thing most of the time.

Lots of guys on here are good LEO's, so try and hold off on cop bashing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike cops, I dislike cops that are egotistical, power crazy, take advantage of their job, and think they are above us because they are cops. I like cops, I think their jobs are very important and dangerous and I respect them very much. I started college studying criminal justice to be a cop and I have several friends that are cops. Its Harahan police that I do not like as I said before.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    A brand new account, all for some cop hate. This seems to be a recurring topic so I'm sure you'll find others that share you point of view.

It has nothing to do with COP hate, it has to do with ignorance hate. I have a very low tolerance for stupidity and stating "you can not hide a gun inside your car, it has to be in plain sight" as fact is complete ignorance regardless of whether the person quoting is a an LEO or not. It's just that being an LEO and making that statement is worse than someone who is not, because they should know better.

Years ago I had the exact same incident with an EBR deputy working a McDonalds detail who had no business working ANY detail. The difference was he confiscated my weapon and wrote my personal info down on a McDonalds napkin. I left due to extenuating circumstances, but when I got home made some calls and collected my fire arm later that night from Bill Melkild at Klienpeter. The desk jockey didn't work any details for a while.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Where does it say that it cannot be on my person?

I think they get it from below.

Duties of Permittees
    The permit shall be retained by the permittee who shall immediately produce it upon the request of any law enforcement officer. Anyone who fails to do so shall be fined not more than one hundred dollars. Additionally, when any peace officer approaches a permittee in an official manner or with an identified purpose, the permittee shall:

1. Notify the officer that he has a weapon on his person;

2. Submit to a pat down;

3. Allow the officer to temporarily disarm him.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Where does it say that it cannot be on my person?

If you took a CHP course and this was not covered, you got screwed. If you have not, you should take one.
    RS 14:95 says:

§95. Illegal carrying of weapons

A. Illegal carrying of weapons is:

(1) The intentional concealment of any firearm, or other instrumentality customarily used or intended for probable use as a dangerous weapon, on one's person; or

Of course, your CHP exempts you from the above in certain circumstances. It does not for in your vehicle.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I think they get it from below.

Duties of Permittees
    The permit shall be retained by the permittee who shall immediately produce it upon the request of any law enforcement officer. Anyone who fails to do so shall be fined not more than one hundred dollars. Additionally, when any peace officer approaches a permittee in an official manner or with an identified purpose, the permittee shall:

1. Notify the officer that he has a weapon on his person;

2. Submit to a pat down;

3. Allow the officer to temporarily disarm him.

Actually, this only applies if you ARE carrying concealed on your person.....even in a traffic stop within your vehicle.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    RS 14:95 says:

§95. Illegal carrying of weapons

A. Illegal carrying of weapons is:

(1) The intentional concealment of any firearm, or other instrumentality customarily used or intended for probable use as a dangerous weapon, on one's person; or

Of course, your CHP exempts you from the above in certain circumstances. It does not for in your vehicle.

What he said.:)

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Okay, I hate lawyer speak! First, is it or is it not legal for me to conceal a firearm on my person in my home? If so, what law covers that, because 14:95 doesn't as far as I can tell. Second, the school zone law says that a gun inside a car is a "constitutionally protected" activity. Where does it say that in the constitution and/or what statute does that reference? One last thing, where does it say that a gun can be concealed in your vehicle? Or does the fact that it doesn't say that it can't suffice to allow one to do it?

I've read 14.95, 95.1, 95.1.1, 95.1.2, 95.2, etc. several times, but some stuff still doesn't make sense.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Okay, I hate lawyer speak! First, is it or is it not legal for me to conceal a firearm on my person in my home? If so, what law covers that, because 14:95 doesn't as far as I can tell. Second, the school zone law says that a gun inside a car is a "constitutionally protected" activity. Where does it say that in the constitution and/or what statute does that reference? One last thing, where does it say that a gun can be concealed in your vehicle? Or does the fact that it doesn't say that it can't suffice to allow one to do it?

I've read 14.95, 95.1, 95.1.1, 95.1.2, 95.2, etc. several times, but some stuff still doesn't make sense.

1. 14:95 does cover it. Read the whole thing "The following will not apply in" no where after that does it say on privtae property, in your home, in your car, etc." Now, It is highly unlikely you would be arrested, unless something else happened. Many argue that there is a presumption that you can on private property. There has not ben a case to test it yet.

2. The school zone law only applies to school zone. TYou cannot use it to apply to other laws.

3. Youare reading way too much into this. Furthermore, not everythuing is answered in statute law. Much is held in previous case law. Even more has yet to be tested, because each situation is looked t in the context of itself.

4. Try the search function, we have talked about this before.

Another example of where a quality CHp class help with general issues like this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom