Car repair in Baton Rouge?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kpm1234

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Lafayette
    I figure we have a good number of members on here from Baton Rouge. I need a little advice.
    Number 1 child is a freshman at LSU. Her 4runner won't start. Ran over and tried to OBDII it today and could only get a "no link" message, may be the tester. In any case the fuel pump is not operating, why, who knows.
    Anyway, can someone recommend a good repair shop in that area of town?
    Thanks

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I suggest and have had good honest work from seigan car care on seigan down by big lots..

they have an after hours key drop and have been honest with me over the 5 years..

the no link could be the fuse.. if its a universal reader. that would also explain the fuel pump not pumping if you have a fuse or breaker popped.

iamdat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    baton rouge
    I suggest and have had good honest work from seigan car care on seigan down by big lots..

they have an after hours key drop and have been honest with me over the 5 years..

the no link could be the fuse.. if its a universal reader. that would also explain the fuel pump not pumping if you have a fuse or breaker popped.
    i know one of the techs over there, graham. he's a good, honest guy. i cant really suggest any shops but i can tell you who NOT to go to. as previously said, the lack of communication is a tell-tell theres a popped fuse on the obd-2 (usually shared with cig lighter) circuit. id suggest myself but quite honestly, im swamped and wouldnt be able to get to it for a least a week or so.
    one thing i would suggest is DONT bring it to one of your rinky dink tires shops who also "diagnose".
    good luck!

kpm1234

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Lafayette
    Thanks so far everyone.
    It appears to have a seperate 7.5 amp fuse for the OBD, swapped with a known good one, same results.
    No fuel at the fuel filter when key to start. But as was said, there are alot of things that will disable the pump. she lives on campus and truely really does not need a vehicle for a while, I will probably go back Friday and do some more head scratching with a better reader.
    Thanks and keep em coming.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Art at Brakes and More is honest as the day is long and a good wrench.
    225-275-3411
    11809 Florida Blvd.

Agco is good, too, but Art is probably cheaper.
    I sent my sister to Art and I'd send my mom there if my dad couldn't fix anything but a rainbow.

Fuel pump is probably bad. Some vehicles have a cutoff switch that deactivates the pump if the vehicle flips over. But, if it has around 100k I'd bet fuel pump and if I had to wager I'd bet tank dropping time.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I don't know what the name of the shop is because my guys just call it "the Viet Namese mechanic shop" :rolleyes: but apparently they do really good work and are honest. They are just up Burbank on the Gardere end.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I have been using Winner Circle Car Care at the corner of Nicholson and Lee for several years. No problems with them but they are probably aren't the cheapest in town.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Jeff Cobb Auto Works @ South Acadian & Broussard. I work there.

We don't have a lot of cars in line right now so you'd probably get fast service.
    :D

Last edited:

gun_slinger2006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Ponchatoula
    If you hadn't done this yet , turn the car on without starting (without going all the way to start position , just on ) . Listen to the fuel pump , no noise bad something , fuse , fuel pump , wire . Don't just check the fuse . May look good and check good on multimeter but could still be bad . Had that happen to me with a 96 dodge ram .
    At the fuse block jump the fuse with something , piece of wire ( paper clip or multimeter lead works ) while car is on and listen for the fuel pump If you hear noise from the pump , bad fuse , replace . If still no noise from pump , you can power the pump directly with a 12 volt source . You'll have to unplug the fuel pump connection under the car (kinda hard to get to though) . If pump does not work , bad pump , replace . If pump works , bad wire somewhwere between fuse block and pump . A bad wire happens but is not common .

good luck

Sigforty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007
    i know one of the techs over there, graham. he's a good, honest guy. i cant really suggest any shops but i can tell you who NOT to go to. as previously said, the lack of communication is a tell-tell theres a popped fuse on the obd-2 (usually shared with cig lighter) circuit. id suggest myself but quite honestly, im swamped and wouldnt be able to get to it for a least a week or so.
    one thing i would suggest is DONT bring it to one of your rinky dink tires shops who also "diagnose".
    good luck!

I agree with Dat. Graham is a good guy to deal with.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Graham is very honest and by the book. he wont do anything custom such as lifts but if its by the book, he can do it..

daniel and graham both over there.. Daniel is a scientist or biologist that just enjoys wrenching..

they wont steer you the wrong way and will not fix something extra without letting you know..

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    "the V shop" @ 12 and airline now works on all imports, has for a few years actually, and they are honest as they come. I've known the owner for about 12 years. They really know their stuff and will get it done right, and stand behind it.

So you know Bill and his son Bill? :D

I figure we have a good number of members on here from Baton Rouge. I need a little advice.
    Number 1 child is a freshman at LSU. Her 4runner won't start. Ran over and tried to OBDII it today and could only get a "no link" message, may be the tester. In any case the fuel pump is not operating, why, who knows.
    Anyway, can someone recommend a good repair shop in that area of town?
    Thanks

AGCO on Coursey Blvd
    A-Car Automotive @ 2930 Berlin Dr
    Plantation Tire & Car Care on Highland Rd near Home Depot.

Top Bottom