Car Stickers Invite Theives

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jughead

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I was told by a police officer responding to a gun stolen out of a car, that those of us that put NRA, LSA, and even USMC etc type stickers on our cars are just advertising to thieves to break into my car first as he is more likely to find a firearm for the taking. Just thought I would pass this along for what it is worth.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Makes sense. Not sure if it's a guarantee that the goblin would find a gun but the probability would be greater.

Of course, leaving a firearm in the car is tantamount to treason, too....

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    They can also follow you home and see where you live. Or just see your car parked outside your house... makes an easy target for someone looking for guns.

jbadjones

Rating - 96.7%
    119   4   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Natchitoches
    Yup, this is the one of the reasons I don't get the glock front plate. Need something to make my prius look tougher, but in actuality...it just won't happen :rofl:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think placing a WWF (World Wildlife Fund) or "Hug the Earth" sticker on your vehicle is an innocuous way of living as no one will consider you're a shooter. Hell, "Make Love Not War" would also be a good one.

I have a Zombie Hunting Permit that's very well made and I have considered placing it on my truck but it screams, "Shooter!" to me. So instead I'll scan it and make a very nice T-shirt. Should be a good conversation starter at Whole Foods, eh?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I was told by a police officer responding to a gun stolen out of a car, that those of us that put NRA, LSA, and even USMC etc type stickers on our cars are just advertising to thieves to break into my car first as he is more likely to find a firearm for the taking. Just thought I would pass this along for what it is worth.

A thin blue line sticker is another one.

JR1572

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have a Zombie Hunting Permit that's very well made and I have considered placing it on my truck but it screams, "Shooter!" to me. So instead I'll scan it and make a very nice T-shirt. Should be a good conversation starter at Whole Foods, eh?

If you want to provoke the Whole Foodians, your T-shirt should advocate females shaving...armpits, legs, upper lips. Ugh!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

The buck stopped there for me. :p

I've also heard from a LEO(Sgt./Leesville) that Silencers are illegal to own except by Police Officers in Official Capacity. No I did not attempt to educate him I got as far away as I could.

Targeting vehicles with gun stickers also increases the chances the thief will get shot.

Excuse me but that's too logical for this conversation :p

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Yeah I've wanted to, but always resisted the urge to put my bayoushooter stickers on my car. I just think it would attract too much attention, especially when it's parked on campus for long periods of time. It'd be like OCing but leaving your gun belt unattended.

Even if I don't leave a gun in the car, a broken window would set me back quite a bit.

Top Bottom