Carencro Gun Show

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    I went there once, only once. Not worth it. My son replied that it would have been better if if the ice rink was still there for for the same entry price.Same old inflated prices for firearms and ammo. Dont waste your money and your time!

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    they arnt the good ol' gun shows of the 80's and 90's... thats for sure... I would even doubt going if it was free now days let along $10-$15 entry fee... Just go to your local gun shop and walk around and get to know the sales man, Better enviroment, and better prices...

Last edited:

Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette
    they arnt the good ol' gun shows of the 80's and 90's... thats for sure... I would even doubt going if it was free now days let along $10-$15 entry fee... Just go to your local gun shop and walk around and get to know the sales man, Better enviroment, and better prices...
    Haha you are right. Remember the old days of 300 dollar ak's and colt ar's for $400 ammo all day long. And silver dollars for $5 a pop. Man if I could time travel...

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

In the 60's and 70's I was making shows in Houston, Shreveport, Monroe, Slidell, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Hammond, Covington and a few other places with a friend who had an FFL.
    Those were real gun shows with plenty people bringing firearms to sell/trade.

Sasquatch69

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 4, 2020
    Lafayette
    IMO gun shows are useless. Vender's selling at inflated prices. Once in a while they'll be a diamond in the rough. The Carencro show is the worst I've ever seen

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    In the 60's and 70's I was making shows in Houston, Shreveport, Monroe, Slidell, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Hammond, Covington and a few other places with a friend who had an FFL.
    Those were real gun shows with plenty people bringing firearms to sell/trade.

Days are long gone. My dad would get a table at the old Slidell shows. $325 for my first Norinco. Well that’s what my dad paid. Out the door. Miss those days for sure.

Oilman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    Okay, so is there anyone here who actually went to the show who can post what it was like? When passing nearby I could see that the parking lot was full and cars were parked along the shoulder for a good ways in both directions. Was it a good show or the same old BS as of late? Was there ammo? How were the prices?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Same ol stuff... go on YouTube and type in 2021 gun shows, there’s tons of videos of people walking around gun shows clearly showing prices and what’s out there, they post them every week, seems across all 50 states all gun shows are equal... what I mean to that is they equal a *0*....

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I don’t understand why people still buying at those prices... with wiki arms, google, in stock notifications online sites, ammo and guns can be had way cheaper than gun shows.... with this younger crowd I would have expected them to be more internet savvy , but hey maybe the can’t see trough the mask...:dogkeke: if they wear them in a car by them selves on the hwy, I know they wear them on the couch at the house and can’t see that smart phone to good.....see what I did there lol

Last edited:

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    I don’t understand why people still buying at those prices... with wiki arms, google, in stock notifications online sites, ammo and guns can be had way cheaper than gun shows.... with this younger crowd I would have expected them to be more internet savvy , but hey maybe the can’t see trough the mask...:dogkeke: if they wear them in a car by them selves on the hwy, I know they wear them on the couch at the house and can’t see that smart phone to good.....see what I did there lol

Most people I hear about buying at guns shows are people who can't use the internet (aka older people), people who are not sure who to trust, or people who are just figuring out guns/ammo and scared to order online.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    Dont get me wrong, it is a nice facility, clean, spacious and not cluttered up with nice walking space between the aisles, nice people, but, the vendors seem to be the same from other venues with their same elevated prices.

Top Bottom