Carry Comfort

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    A majority of us carry our choice pistol or revolver for many reasons. Some carry what feels comfortable to them thus maybe giving up a few options like size, weight and capacity in order to have an all day, pain free carry experience. Some folks make sacrifices in all day comfort to carry a sizeable firearm with a little extra weight to help manage recoil and increased capacity. Which one are you? Do you think there is a fine line between comfort and practicality? Do you feel like you could get away with carrying "less" or do you need to have "more" to elevate your level of comfort. Of course, the word COMFORT could be defined both ways in this thread..... physical comfort or peace of mind. What are your thoughts?

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I carry a Sig 229 IWB the only comfort issue I have is when sitting or driving. I'm considering a mid size or compact but not ready to step down just.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Somebody famous said that you should carry to be comforted, not comfortable (or something to that effect). However, my EDC is a 442 and a speed loader b/c I found that I was not consistently carrying my G27 due to comfort issues. I may regret that decision some day and I think that should not be the right answer for everybody. (I do still carry a Glock when I go someplace "special", along with the 442.)
    Several folks that I know carry full sized G17/22's with lights in Kydex so I guess you can get used to anything - maybe I'm just too old to give a darn.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    I carry a Glock 22 w/ grip chopped down to 19/23 length IWB. I carry it everyday and feel comfortable doing so. The quality of the holster and belt makes a big difference in this regard. If you try to carry a bigger gun in a cheap holster or with a good holster on a cheap belt, it will drive you crazy moving all around. The lesson I learned in my youth is don't try to cut corners anywhere in your EDC, you just wind up miserable and spend the money twice.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    For me, I found the best of both worlds. I carry an M&P9c with TLR3 light in an IWB strong side. 12+1 on the gun with a full size 17 round mag on the weak hand side. Very comfortable and I'm not worried about a low round count. Like was said above, holster and belt choice make all the difference in the world.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Glock 23 with crossbreed super tuck at 3:30, by far the most comfortable and concealable holster I have ever worn!!! I can carry my glock 27 and 22 with the same holster, and just as comfortable....the 22 actually is hidden the most

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    I carry a glock 23 with trl1 in a raven concealment owb and i like it alot. I am currently looking to go iwb to hide it a little better during to up coming summer months.
    I had and sold a sig p238 because it was too small to me. It was a dream to carry but not to shoot

rdm227

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Prairieville
    Glock 23 with crossbreed super tuck at 3:30, by far the most comfortable and concealable holster I have ever worn!!! I can carry my glock 27 and 22 with the same holster, and just as comfortable....the 22 actually is hidden the most

I carry my Glock 19 & 23 in the crossbreed super tuck also and I love it. Sometimes I have to make sure my weapon is still there because it is so comfortable.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Trust me I know the feeling!!!! I've never carried a gun with that good of a weight distribution... Great product, try it two weeks for free and a lifetime warranty can't beat it!!!

I carry my Glock 19 & 23 in the crossbreed super tuck also and I love it. Sometimes I have to make sure my weapon is still there because it is so comfortable.

brand0n5o4

OFFICER PLZ
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Metairie
    being a descent of bruce lee, i usually carry nunchucks, very comforting. on my bad days i enjoy carrying my, i mean your, 642 airweight :mamoru:

RIGHT CUJO?!

Geezer Squid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My carry has changed: Glock 30SF to CZ75 Compact to Sig 938. Carry comfort was an issue. I do now carry a spare mag though and only Buffalo Bore ammo. The little sig with Buffalo Bore is a big of handful and is no where near as fun to shoot as the other two. But it is so small that I sometimes have to reach back and make sure it's still there. All day, every day!!

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Most days. I carry a Colt Cobra. It's comfortable to wear and I'm comfortable with my shot placement under stress.

Dave

Sent from my Nokia 920 using Tapatalk

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Interesting... Does anyone carry off body due to the limitations of the wardrobe, especially in the summer? What do you do when it's 85 degrees outside and all that you can wear is business casual or formal pants and a shirt?

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Interesting... Does anyone carry off body due to the limitations of the wardrobe, especially in the summer? What do you do when it's 85 degrees outside and all that you can wear is business casual or formal pants and a shirt?

I carry a beretta 92 compact (flock 19 size) iwb even in summer with shorts and t shirt.

It's all about the belt and the holster for comfort. My 92L in a theis holster is actually more comfortable than my pf9 in its cheap holster.

KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    I started with a full size SW99 in .40(my first gun). I switched to an SR9c. I sacrifice a couple rounds capacity-wise but I feel very confident with it as far as my accuracy with it. It's also seems a bit lighter and is easier for me to conceal. The full-size 17-round back up mag is a plus.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    p3at for comfort/deep conceal.

as stated above a proper holster, belt, and an untucked collared shirt and jeans is "dressy" and allows you to conceal anything you want.

btw I highly recommend anyone that hasn't to visit a tailor- talk to them in person and indicate that youd like some clothes "tailored" to conceal your holster, and that if they are comfortable you'd like to bring the holster and unloaded firearm and a few shirts/pants for them to alter.

It'll do some serious magic for your concealability guys, and its not expensive. 100.00 got me a few shirts/pants, and make sure you tip healthy given the nature of service.

Last edited:

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA

I carry a Glock 19 any time of year. Used to carry a full size M&P before I switched to the dark side. Shorts and a t-shirt, even. Never had an issue, but with just a t-shirt, sometimes you just have to be a little conscious of how you move- example, picking something up off the top shelf at the grocery store might cause your shirt to ride up a little.

Top Bottom