Carry Comfort

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tom_h

"Happiness is a warm gun"
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Kenner
    I like the light weight of the S&W Shield for my everyday carry in an Alien Gear holster. On a hot day with just the shorts and t-shirt I carry the S&W Bodyguard in my pocket. I am comfortable carrying either.

Sam

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    New Orleans/Northshore
    I haven't abandoned the idea carrying my Glock 19 or Kimber Ultra Carry, but the weight and bulk just always feels awkward and heavy, despite having a quality gun belt and crossbreed holsters. Until I feel reasonably comfortable with them I will continue to carry my Sig P238 in a Ramora holster IWB. That I will carry and I'm much less likely to carry something larger and heavier.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    ^^THIS^^
    Even a G26 can feel like a brick after an hour or so, unlike my 642 or even two of them. I also have the comfort and peace of mind of being proficient and consistent with my airweight j frames in terms of shooting and reloading quickly and accurately.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    I carry a G-19 IWB at almost apendix with 2 round ext.on the magazine and wear cargo shorts and tanktops almost all year long.Its in a leather holster that Spanky gave me years ago.If Im down to elastic band shorts (No belt) its Thunderwear time.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Ruger LCP back pocket, all day every day.

I thought of stepping up to a Boberg XR9S but I'm afraid it might be too bulky.

Otherwise it's a Glock 17 IWB.

brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    I have Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe IWB holsters in horse hide for my Sig P229 and P232.

They're very nice, and pretty comfortable.

Been carrying the P232 in an OWB with a SigTac paddle holster modified slightly. JB Welded very dense foam rubber to back of paddle so bore of gun will run parallel to my torso.

If you can conceal and go OWB, it's like night and day (to me)

Unfortunately, SigTac does not make the same holster for the P229 without a rail.

Wearing a loose shirt, doesn't print at all, and way more comfortable than even the Crossbreed IWBs

Also, a lot easier to draw from.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    I consider myself lucky because after I "discovered" AIWB carry, I can carry (casual attire/shorts, etc.) my Glock 19, 26, 30sf, or a Taurus 357 revolver all day and sitting in comfort. High waist and reasonably slim (no "washboard abs") so no problem with untucked shirt. On the VERY few occasions where I need to dress up I have an ankle holster (DeSantis APACHE) or can carry my LCP in a coat pocket of a suit or sportcoat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom