Carry On A Motorcycle?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djbigskrilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Hey folks. I'm pretty new to the handgun world. I have been around them most of my life and I am planning to get my CCW later. I do currently open carry in my truck which I know is legal, however, I am wandering about on motorcycles. I do own and ride and would like to carry if it is possible. How does this work if it is even legal?

Do I have to open carry as I would walking around, or can I place it in a jacket pocket or pants pocket? Any info on this would be very appreciated. Until I get any kind of info I guess the piece will have to sit in the house/truck.

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    711.jpeg

djbigskrilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Hermit that is a sweet setup. Too bad that wont work on my bike. Though I may be able to find or make something similar. Charlie12 Thanks for the info. As I figured it wouldn't be legal to carry in the pocket without the CHP.

cableguy

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    What about backpacks, or saddlebags? My old rice rocket had the convenience of a small trunk, Harley has nothing other than my bags.

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's why...

It's why I got the permit. Riding to some destinations, the wife and I have been on some desolate roads and I always wondered about having mechanical problems where we had to wait on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. Not paranoid but, cautious.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I like the idea, but have two issues (maybe one depending on if its a different lock setup)

1: Muzzle is pointed at EVERYONE on your side. Even with the gun in a lock, with no one handling it, that would still aggravate me if i had a 12ga pointed at me.

2: (maybe) if its the same lock that we use, it can be opened with any standard handcuff key.

Swamprat65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    South of Baton Rouge.
    I just took a bike trip to Pigeon Forge and had my FNX 45 in my tank bag the whole way. I do have a a permit though. I don't know if motorcycles are treated like cars or trucks ,being an extention of your home. Might want to research that a bit. Also, other states aren't nearly as lenient about carrying in a vehicle anyways. A conceal carry permit negates these issues in most cases.

Top Bottom