Carry Prohibited locations

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    I was at a meeting at the Shreveport Police Station today. Part of the discussion was about the Red River Revel that starts this weekend and the LA State Fair that starts three weeks.

Guns are forbidden at either of the events. Police will be looking for anyone carrying concealed or openly.

There is nothing in the law that says one cannot carry at these events and there are no signs posted showing carry is forbidden. Yet the rules of the locations say that carry is forbidden

Just wanted to let people know in case they are headed out to one of the events.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry but if signs aren't posted and it's not a prohibited location (school grounds) then you can carry there. The Shreveport police can say whatever they want but the CCW rules are clear.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    Sorry but if signs aren't posted and it's not a prohibited location (school grounds) then you can carry there. The Shreveport police can say whatever they want but the CCW rules are clear.

You may be correct. However, they will be making arrests.

http://www.statefairoflouisiana.com/coc.aspx

Their Code of Conduct says no firearms even with a permit. There is nothing in the State laws forbidding weapons.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Well, if you read this and now know that they are not allowed there, an you still carry, then you knowingly broke the law. If you didn't know any better, you might have a case if they don't plainly mark no firearms in an otherwise legal to carry location.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    It's highly unlikely they would arrest a licensed concealed carry permit holder who was otherwise doing nothing wrong. At most they would ask him to leave. But like its written above, concealed means concealed. If you see them doing wands or pat downs as you enter just turn around.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    The State Fair meant corn dogs, cotton candy, and riding the bump cars when I got old enough.

A couple of bucks could get me thru the day.
    :bigok:

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    The State Fair meant corn dogs, cotton candy, and riding the bump cars when I got old enough.

A couple of bucks could get me thru the day.

You and I came up at the same time. Now it cost a fellow about $15 before he gets out of his car. As a young kid going there, I would sneak into Club Lido and watch the women. Now they have a fair about half the size, stays twice as long and charges four times as much and there are no girly shows but where I used to be too young for them, now I am too old for them.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    You and I came up at the same time. Now it cost a fellow about $15 before he gets out of his car. As a young kid going there, I would sneak into Club Lido and watch the women. Now they have a fair about half the size, stays twice as long and charges four times as much and there are no girly shows but where I used to be too young for them, now I am too old for them.

I think they started charging when I was in college in the late fifties.

I remember the show as Harlem in Havana. The late show was topless.

We got a day off from school but never went that day as it was so crowded with kids. The black schools got a day off on the State Fair black day. No integration then.

The fair was the only time we got corn dogs and cotton candy. We enjoyed the exhibits, too, esp livestock. There was also a great model train in one of the halls.

Thanks for bringing back the memories.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    There was also a great model train in one of the halls.

Thanks for bringing back the memories.

That train is still around. Best layout I have ever seen for a model train. Until our antique car museum closed last year, the train was set up inside the museum when not at the fair. Now we got way too many multi millionnaires and billionnaires in Shreveport that compete with their hobbies on exhibit at various venues.

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    Can you carry at a wedding reception in a rented hall? Got a friend getting married and was wondering how the law worked since they will have drinking.

Top Bottom