Carry rig

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Started carrying my shield9mm in a tagua own holster the other day. Wow! Didn't realize own could be so comfortable! Light, no big print, forget it is even there. This is much more comfortable than my other rigs. I think I prefer this over the lc9 even though I first chose the lc9 because it is thinner.

_Big_Al_

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Lafayette
    I second the RM Holster Recommendation. I had a lot of similar Kydex holsters but Kee's are always a lot more comfortable.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    He never asked for a recommendation, but it's always good to see everyone's opinions.

Personally, I only carry the Raven Eidolon, but that's because I only carry Glocks. If I wanted kydex, I'd make it myself, because I have the capability and tools to do so. However, the work that Will (Silk) has been doing is top notch. I won't bash the competition, but Will's holsters are probably one of the best kydex holsters you will find in Louisiana.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    He never asked for a recommendation, but it's always good to see everyone's opinions.

Personally, I only carry the Raven Eidolon, but that's because I only carry Glocks. If I wanted kydex, I'd make it myself, because I have the capability and tools to do so. However, the work that Will (Silk) has been doing is top notch. I won't bash the competition, but Will's holsters are probably one of the best kydex holsters you will find in Louisiana.

So you don't like kydex holsters because you only carry Glocks?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    So you don't like kydex holsters because you only carry Glocks?

I only carry the Eidolon because it's superior in design to any kydex holster out there (as far as Appendix Carry goes). I can make my own kydex holsters if I so choose, and have in the past. However, there is not a single kydex holster on the market (or one that I can make) that offers what the Eidolon offers, other than the knockoff Eidolon from HTC. The Eidolon is only made in two configurations, one with an open bottom and one with a closed bottom. Both holsters only fit 9mm and .40 S&W Glocks. Which was my point... I only carry the Eidolon, because I carry Glocks. If I didn't carry a Glock, I'd have to opt for something other than the Eidolon.

Nowhere did I say I don't like Kydex because I carry a Glock.

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I only carry the Eidolon because it's superior in design to any kydex holster out there (as far as Appendix Carry goes). I can make my own kydex holsters if I so choose, and have in the past. However, there is not a single kydex holster on the market (or one that I can make) that offers what the Eidolon offers, other than the knockoff Eidolon from HTC. The Eidolon is only made in two configurations, one with an open bottom and one with a closed bottom. Both holsters only fit 9mm and .40 S&W Glocks. Which was my point... I only carry the Eidolon, because I carry Glocks. If I didn't carry a Glock, I'd have to opt for something other than the Eidolon.

Nowhere did I say I don't like Kydex because I carry a Glock.

I kinda misunderstood my bad.

Myself I hate anything universal or one size fits all. One of my favorite holsters is a Raven phantom with the offset tuckable wings just all the extra holes and screws drive me crazy lol.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I kinda misunderstood my bad.

Myself I hate anything universal or one size fits all. One of my favorite holsters is a Raven phantom with the offset tuckable wings just all the extra holes and screws drive me crazy lol.

It's not as bad with the Eidolon, since it's more like a taco holster than a typical pancake kydex holster. With injection molding, you can make a much tighter fit than with kydex, which means you can make a smaller holster. The downside is that most injection molded holsters were poorly designed.

I use kydex for the mag carriers I make. They are as minimalistic as possible and only cost roughly $6 to make.

24501969615_a61cc5e3c0_z.jpg

I used kydex for sheaths also.

The maker sent a rather crude sheath, so I made my own.

24061539942_dabcf2a5fa_z.jpg

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    It's not as bad with the Eidolon, since it's more like a taco holster than a typical pancake kydex holster. With injection molding, you can make a much tighter fit than with kydex, which means you can make a smaller holster. The downside is that most injection molded holsters were poorly designed.

I use kydex for the mag carriers I make. They are as minimalistic as possible and only cost roughly $6 to make.

Man that's some really nice work.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

What is attached to the knife sheath? A pen?

Top Bottom