Carter's supermarket

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    I just went to Carter's supermarket and was open carrying when the security cop approached me and asked what I was carrying. After a brief discussion he says open carry makes people nervous and requested in the future I not carry in the store. I was on my way out and he says,"had I seen the gun earlier, I would have taken it and held it while you shopped." I didn't see any signs and was wondering if anyone else has had issues there with OC.

MOΛΩN ΛABE

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    It was on the corner of Lockhart and cockerham. I believe he was a deputy/bag boy.
    He was very nice about it but just was wondering if this was store policy because I go to the Carter's near Pete's hwy regularly as its 5 mins away.

MOΛΩN ΛABE

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It was on the corner of Lockhart and cockerham. I believe he was a deputy/bag boy.
    He was very nice about it but just was wondering if this was store policy because I go to the Carter's near Pete's hwy regularly as its 5 mins away.

MOΛΩN ΛABE
    I don't think it is. Carter's stores are a little out of the way for me so I don't go to them often, maybe once or twice a year, but I have never seen any anti-gun signs or any other liberal material. Maybe call and talk to the manager? It could just be the deputy there trying to have a little power trip.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Did you happen to ask him what his BS screen name is?:p

Yeah, I'd like to know if that's actual company policy, or just a guy feeling his oats. As suggested, maybe consider talking to someone in management.....

Dgraham225

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Denham springs
    Definitely speak with management and see what their policy is. I feel like being responsible gun owners also means respecting others wishes on their private property, but that could've been just a bag boy "taking charge"

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Security style uniform white polo style shirt and yes he was armed. Left handed older guy.

MOΛΩN ΛABE

Ok thanks sounds like he wasn't LE. He wouldn't hold my weapon while I shopped I would leave. But he wouldn't know I was cc'ing in th first place

Last edited:

Lurker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Denham Springs LA
    I just went to Carter's supermarket and was open carrying when the security cop approached me and asked what I was carrying. After a brief discussion he says open carry makes people nervous and requested in the future I not carry in the store. I was on my way out and he says,"had I seen the gun earlier, I would have taken it and held it while you shopped." I didn't see any signs and was wondering if anyone else has had issues there with OC.

MOΛΩN ΛABE

No. I've never had any issue with them. I don't open carry though. I spent the time and money to get my cc permit so I exercise my ability to not draw attention to myself. Seems like the store representative was professional, respectful and conveyed the stores wishes in a reasonable manner. Do you see a problem?

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    No. I've never had any issue with them. I don't open carry though. I spent the time and money to get my cc permit so I exercise my ability to not draw attention to myself. Seems like the store representative was professional, respectful and conveyed the stores wishes in a reasonable manner. Do you see a problem?

No problem. Just wondering if its store policy. The guy was very respectful and I'm sure just doing his job. I was also respectful and told him no problem it won't happen again.
    There was no attempted video recording. :)

MOΛΩN ΛABE

Lurker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Denham Springs LA
    No problem. Just wondering if its store policy. The guy was very respectful and I'm sure just doing his job. I was also respectful and told him no problem it won't happen again.
    There was no attempted video recording. :)

MOΛΩN ΛABE

Thank you for not being a douche. We have a lot of them "representing" it seems.

Top Bottom