CAS USPSA Match Oct. 3 Thibodaux, La.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Beauxdog, have been looking in my windows again? Yes, I have been up all night, nothing really to do with the scores, you know haw it is when you're old like me.
    I'm just a little curious, I have been shooting in production class only two matches now,...just trying to gage myself against you guys, don't want y'all to laugh at me. Hey, I didn't fall down and break a hip, that's a good day right?

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I was just checking to make sure you still had the furry pink gloves. Any day you can walk away from the range is a good day, means no broken bones.

Beauxdog

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    Well I was waiting for the scores before I posted this but here goes. Pile on.

Who knew that a gun that won't run would hurt you so bad on paper???? >: (

I am proud of my scores on all the stages except where my gun wouldn't run, wouldn't feed, or where I hit a no shoot!

Thanks to Pizz for the extra commentary on the "a Far Shot" stage. You have to be listening. See if you can pick it up..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVqbqpBW_6E[/ame]

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    I agree LilB. Your advise as well as that of Don, Henry and all my other CSS cronies has gotten me a long way but I still have a long way to go. Unfortunately I have been blessed with three times the territory I used to have and will be missing practice more often. Got to pay the bills!

I do think I got my gun issues worked out since the match too. That should make a big difference.

FreedomGunworks

"Fearless"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Camilla, GA
    :thumbsup:

Edited to add: a couple of Unclassified competitors would have received their awards for their finish if they had stayed. After all the props are stowed, top finishes are announced and awards are given, up to third place depending on numbers of participants in each class and each division.

IIRC we had 69 participants: biggest monthly turnout I can remember.

So Curtis, just how many of the 69 that shot in the monthly club match are competitors for the Gator Classic? :mad:

I could give a rats ass where I finish in the order of things, but I have folks traveling with me that have more ego than I do and they want to do well.

Should My wife get bumped a few places in order of finish because a bunch of other Open shooters got to practice the actual stages, in the actual bays, at the actual range where we'll be shooting a Level II match?!?!

I know of this going on at other matches, and I don't approve of that either, but you cajun people were God's in my mind, and I'm disappointed in a few of you.

Most all of the Area 6 stages are shot in advance at some point in time at their respective clubs, but that's at several different clubs over the course of a year, not at 1 club a few weekends before the match, and if they are, well, I wont comment any further past that. I don't shoot at South River, but I have friends that do and I know they get a head start on the stages. The State match is the same way at River Bend Gun Club, and I don't shoot that match because of the staff putting it on and their less than desirable character in my mind.

I'm actually saddened by this more than I am angered.

jtshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Raceland,Louisiana
    Stages are desinged and tested at different clubs to make them as good as they can be , safety wise and in other ways to make sure when they are used at major matches they work as planned.
    The stages for the gator are a combined effort by several uspsa clubs in the area and in most cases have been tested at there matches in the past, this is not out of the ordinary.

FreedomGunworks

"Fearless"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Camilla, GA
    So you're saying its not uncommon for 5 of the stages from a major match to be shot at the host club a few weeks prior to the match? Are you also saying you don't believe the 69 shooters got an UNFAIR advantage for the upcoming match? Were you one of the 69 competitors and are you registered for the Gator Classic?

Top Bottom