Casters in the Baton Rouge, LA area?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    Hi! Just getting into the hobby of casting. I would like to meet up with a local person who is experienced in this hobby. Would anyone be willing to show a beginner the ropes? I have my own equipment, lead and molds. I look forward to a positive response.
    Thanks,
    Bryan

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    If you want to take a ride out here to Vacherie I would be glad to help you out. I have everything to do tumble lube as well as a Star luber and the stuff to do coating like Bayou Bullets. If you are interested just PM me. I cast for 45 ACP, 40 S&W and 9mm.

Goatwhiskers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The reference to the castboolits site is spot on. Too much info to absorb at one time, and you will learn that many old shooter's tales about cast boolits are so much BS. I'm in the north end of Pointe Coupee and will be glad to help, just PM me. GW

vidiot

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    Cast Boolits is definitely a place to bookmark..also go look at a couple of videos on YOU TUBE ---Hope addiction sets in ;)

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Good guys at Cast boolits site. I am 340six over there if you have any questions Pm or email me. That also have a great chat room if ya need live help.
    Looks like you have someone closer than me to help ya.
    Casting is a drug ya get one mould and need another and then another. then start getting customs that are made up in group buys lol
    I have the first mould Mihec made up a 45 acp HP based on the Lyman 452374
    I have only 3 customs so far one for the Garand, one for 7.62x25 {and other 30 and 32 cal pistols and one HP 45 acp
    I started ladle casting and did 1000's of pounds of lead that way with great results. then moved up to a Lyman 20 pound bottom pour pot.
    That little 8 pound ladle pot that came with the Lyman 4500 is still going strong.
    Every now and then I use it to make small batches of lead alloy up at times.
    If not going tumble lube I have had great results with larrys larsons lubes
    {Lars "white label lube" } Red carnuba is good in rifle and pistol

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    Todd,
    It was great being able to watch and learn. I appreciate all the tips and tricks you showed me. It was even better to be able to go home and put into action what you showed me. I appreciate everything.
    Bryan

Top Bottom