Catholic? Do you know where your donations are going?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Let's play a very cruel joke on them and get them an apartment in Gardere or near Plank Road and Winbourne!

They will wish that ISIS would have killed them! :mamoru:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    On one hand I feel for these people, and wish them a better life.

On the other hand, I feel like catholic charities shouldn't be actively expending resources on helping people that literally hate our guts.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    On one hand I feel for these people, and wish them a better life.

On the other hand, I feel like catholic charities shouldn't be actively expending resources on helping people that literally hate our guts.

Catholic Charities must be taking their turn in the guilt barrel for their forefather's roles in the Crusades. Kind of like phony liberal whites have been doing with slavery now for decades!

I guess they are going to try to kill them with kindness! :kiss:

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I think we can pay islamic state a tax, and they will leave us alone. At least that's what it says in the koran.

Well then it better be a mandatory tax against all Americans. Because if you make it a voluntary tax, like how you can voluntarily pay more than you owe to the IRS on your return; then the phony wealthy douches that are always screaming for more taxes on the wealthy conservatives and businesses won't voluntarily pay that either.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    When I wear my Infidel T-shirt, I get people asking me what makes me an infidel. I tell them it's because I'm not Muslim. Then I remind them that if they are not Muslim, they are infidels as well. The looks I get!

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Catholic Charities did a great service to the many Vietnamese who were our allies in that ill-fated war. Those people are now a great positive force in our community.

I sincerely hope that the people in this wave are persecuted Christians; but if they are Muslim, I hope their eyes are opened to the reality of the American ideal of religious freedom. Such a seed planted in them could be a mighty counter to the violent extremism that fuels so much of the Mid-east violence.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Catholic Charities did a great service to the many Vietnamese who were our allies in that ill-fated war. Those people are now a great positive force in our community.

I sincerely hope that the people in this wave are persecuted Christians; but if they are Muslim, I hope their eyes are opened to the reality of the American ideal of religious freedom. Such a seed planted in them could be a mighty counter to the violent extremism that fuels so much of the Mid-east violence.
    Not likely. Have a look at many European countries that literally have areas that live outside of government control. Take a look at places like Sweden, the incidence of rapes have gone through the roof. What happened? Guess.

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    I am glad to see this thread...it reminds me why I spend so little time here:

Anti Catholic vitrol from buffoons who are not even knowledge enough to know that if they looked at the Associated Catholic Charities form 990s (assuming they can read financial statements), they would see that federal grants are being used to fund these programs.

These federal grants funds are funds that otherwise would go to Planned Parenthood for abortions among other uses. I assume that the OP would rather see these funds go to some LGBT charity or be used for industrial infanticide.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Examples jakiro please....Ya'll can't say universally that donations to Catholic Charities or any Catholic organization is contributing to terrible things..How about missionary works in 3rd world countries?? I know many people who spend their time and money personally going to these countries to help these people. They build houses and schools and provide clothes and money for food and books. I know this first hand. They do the same here in the US for people in need. Is the Catholic Church perfect??? Absolutely not but overall it does a lot more good than bad.
    If you want to go back to the days if the Inquisition, then yes that was horrible and unjust but at that time popes were corruptible and greedy. It has come a long way since those days.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I am glad to see this thread...it reminds me why I spend so little time here:

Anti Catholic vitrol from buffoons

These federal grants funds are funds that otherwise would go to Planned Parenthood for abortions among other uses. I assume that the OP would rather see these funds go to some LGBT charity or be used for industrial infanticide.

Not seeing this! :confused:

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    For the record, I am a Catholic. I am not against Catholic Charities helping those that need help, but the majority of the refugees are working/fighting age men who should be fighting for their country, not coming to mine to get on welfare, food stamps, Section 8, etc. Where did I say that I would rather support PP, LGBT or other programs? You have put words in my mouth. I am against both. We have enough refigees in this country from South/Central America, we don't need a bunch of muzzies coming over here to do what they are doing in Europe.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    For the record, I am a Catholic. I am not against Catholic Charities helping those that need help, but the majority of the refugees are working/fighting age men who should be fighting for their country, not coming to mine to get on welfare, food stamps, Section 8, etc. Where did I say that I would rather support PP, LGBT or other programs? You have put words in my mouth. I am against both. We have enough refigees in this country from South/Central America, we don't need a bunch of muzzies coming over here to do what they are doing in Europe.

Where is the 'LIKE' button?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    1. Yes

2. What donations?? :bowrofl:

(I'm not a fan of current events- or the leadership of the Catholic Church.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom