CC question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgdude90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    I was wondering, what do you all do when you have to use a public restroom and are carrying?

I'm totally serious and not kidding.

johngunguy

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    LEANDER, TEXAS
    Most public restrooms now have those large double toilet paper dispensers in them so I use it as a shelf to put my pistol. I have put it on the toilet tank and hooked it on the clothes hook behind the door but that isn't a good idea if there is any other way.

John

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    That was actually discused in Tactical TV a couple of months back I will try to find the video and post it, but yeah the toilet dispenser is one option the other option which is the one that was on the tv show is the one to use an IWB holster and pull ur pants closed all the way up to ur knees so the weight is being held up by ur knees and ur gun is still very reachable might not be comfy to poop but oh well hahahahahahhaa!

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Now that I am looking for it I think it was Personal Defense TV and it was actually Instructor Massad Ayoob the one who showed it but I cant find the damm episode!

Last edited:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I take the pistol, holster and all, off of my belt and place it inside my pants, where my lower half would normally go. Just the same, it's probably a bit excessive-- unless someone is at ground level trying to peek in on you, it's going to be pretty hard to see that you're carrying.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Usually I go all the way to the end in a handicap stall which has more space between the edge of the stall and your feet. Usually you can't see someone's feet by walking by one of those. Other than that, business as usual. I'm too lazy to take it off :D

If it's gotta be a regular sized stall, I have been known to put it on the toilet paper holder.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I typically wear a Wilderness belt and find the holster stays in place because the belt is stiff and fits tight in the belt loops. I spread my knees and keep the belt above my right knee. The holster will not flop around. Now recently while not at work I have been using a lighter 511 belt and shorts without as many belt loops. It didn't take long to realize this changes everything. It wasn't nice hearing my PM9 hit the floor today but luckily it was in my bathroom. I obviously have to work with this lighter belt.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    If you're going to keep your handgun in the holster while you sit, make sure its secure.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20385

And...
    Man hurt when gun blasts toilet

CENTERVILLE — A man was wounded by shrapnel from a toilet when his concealed weapon accidentally went off while he was using the bathroom, police said.

It happened Tuesday at the Carl's Jr. restaurant at 385 N. 800 West. Police said the 26-year-old man had gone into the bathroom to use the toilet, armed with a .40-caliber Kahr P40 handgun. The man, who has a valid concealed weapon permit and was lawfully in possession of the gun, had it in a holster inside his pants.

"While pulling his pants up the gun fell out of the holster, striking the tile floor," Centerville Police Lt. Paul Child said Wednesday. "When the gun hit the floor, it went off, and the bullet struck the toilet, shattering it and sending sharp pieces of porcelain flying."

The man was hit by some porcelain shards, lacerating his arm. No one else was injured, but an employee of the restaurant in the next-door women's restroom heard the gunshot and panicked.

"She was shaken, she was upset and was complaining of some chest pain," Child said.

The man walked into the restaurant area, holding his wound and asked an employee to call 911. Police and paramedics responded to the call of shots fired inside the restaurant and ended up treating the man for the cuts to his arm. The woman also was treated at the scene.

"In this case it appears that the accident would have been prevented if the man had used a secure holster," Child said. "A good quality firearm also should not fire if it is dropped."

The man was not cited, but police took the firearm for safekeeping while they finish their investigation.

"He was shaken up. We felt it was prudent to secure the firearm," Child said. "He'll be able to have the firearm released back to him."
    6433655.jpg
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705277512,00.html

:)

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    #1 whip the goods out the front and do business
    #2 I rotate my pants 180 degrees unbutton and unzip and do business. It takes muscle memory but if you have tap, rack, bang down this is a no brainer.

Top Bottom