Ccw and traffic stops.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdalton

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    I've been pulled over twice now while carrying, both by slidell pd. Both times I was let go with warnings. Do y'all think cops tend to be more lenient on those with ccw?

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I can imagine that an officer would be more trusting of you if you have a CHP and you cooperate with them and don't lie about how fast you were going....

ucwutididthar?

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    5 out of 6 times in the last four years I have been let go with a warning. Each time was a little different in the way it was handled but it always seems to catch the LEO off guard and makes him forget about the reason I was pulled over in the first place. The sixth time I blatantly ran a stop sign directly in front of a State Capitol police car and deserved the ticket. Even if you feel you did nothing wrong, a warm smile and acting apologetic and respectful when he approaches you won't hurt.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Way back in 19 and 92 I was in Lostangeles Ca. and was crossing the street.A motorcycle cop pulled up to me and asked me why I was j-walking when there was a crosswalk only 30 ft farther down the road.I looked at the crosswalk then back at him and said because Im a dumbass.He said "thats the answer he was looking for" got a big grin on his face and sped off.Your attitude has a lot to do with the officers responce.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Way back in 19 and 92 I was in Lostangeles Ca. and was crossing the street.A motorcycle cop pulled up to me and asked me why I was j-walking when there was a crosswalk only 30 ft farther down the road.I looked at the crosswalk then back at him and said because Im a dumbass.He said "thats the answer he was looking for" got a big grin on his face and sped off.Your attitude has a lot to do with the officers responce.
    Damn, I've heard you use that line before:rofl:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    My CCP did nothing for me when ticketed for the left turn on Vets under Causeway overpass but the older JP did thank me for being up front about the announcement that I was a CCP.

And I just knew intuitively that on that particular turn as I went for it, it didn't feel right. And sure enough. I wasn't angry though. It cost $200 bucks BTW. So you guys in Metairie that know exactly the turn I am talking about, beware.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    5 out of 6 times in the last four years I have been let go with a warning. Each time was a little different in the way it was handled but it always seems to catch the LEO off guard and makes him forget about the reason I was pulled over in the first place. The sixth time I blatantly ran a stop sign directly in front of a State Capitol police car and deserved the ticket. Even if you feel you did nothing wrong, a warm smile and acting apologetic and respectful when he approaches you won't hurt.

Do you remember the DPS guy's name? He might be my buddy

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I've been pulled over twice now while carrying, both by slidell pd. Both times I was let go with warnings. Do y'all think cops tend to be more lenient on those with ccw?

I tend to, assuming the violation is nothing extream, IE Speeding in a school zone, Careless Operation, Passing a School Bus, Disreguarding an Emergency Vehicle and the like.

Top Bottom