Ccw Application Laws !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KEMOSABI

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Do not lie on your application for a CCW Permit..Make sure you list ALL ARREST in the blanks where they are to be listed...If you do not list all arrest you will be DENIED !!!!
    I say this because it just happened to a Fella that came to me and took class...He failed to list all arrest....He states he hasnt been arrested in over 25 years and it was B.S. and he was young...
    There is a new trooper doing the CCW Permits in B.R. and he spoke w/this gentleman and was told he had to wait for paperwork to arrive and then he could appeal it.......
    Looks like they are really tightening up on these apps..

Just wanted to pass the word,Do not get denied for something you w/have got approved for if you w/have just followed the instructions......What we think is B.S. the state thinks its against the law and needs to be listed or your trying to hide something from them.I guess this is how they look at it......

Good Luck

Kemo

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Yep, Inoticed on the website this week that the Sergeants position which was onced held by Sgt STarnes was listed as "vacant." It still is. Whomever takes that position kind of sets the tone for the program on how fast and particular they are about doing apps.

Kemo is right though be very forthcoming with info. Even if you think it was expunged, fixed, whatever, they will find it.

VM 2

Swine flued
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 7, 2007
    Baton Rouge / NOLA
    Yep, Inoticed on the website this week that the Sergeants position which was onced held by Sgt STarnes was listed as "vacant." It still is. Whomever takes that position kind of sets the tone for the program on how fast and particular they are about doing apps.

Kemo is right though be very forthcoming with info. Even if you think it was expunged, fixed, whatever, they will find it.

Thats why I'll do what you advised. I don't think I really had a true "arrest" but I'll be damned sure to write them a letter explaining any thing that they might have on my record.

I guess they should let that slide, if I answered "No" on the application for arrests and I write a letter

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    I have a copy of minutes with a disturbing the peace charge expunged on it. I should be good if I just send this with it right? Turning 21 in June and want to get all my stuff straight before hand.

Turbodog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Tangipahoa parish
    Per the LSP's Concealed Handgun Permit Unit: If you answered "yes" to the arrest questions, you must submit a Certified True Copy of the final court disposition of your case with your application.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Go the LSP and ask them before you fill it out. You could also call them, they will help you. I have found the CHP office very helpful, even if very busy.

L

Louisiana Shooter

Per the LSP's Concealed Handgun Permit Unit: If you answered "yes" to the arrest questions, you must submit a Certified True Copy of the final court disposition of your case with your application.

Many arrests never result in prosecutions and the grand jury records of the "No True Bill" cases often cannot be had. In cases where an arrest occured but no disposition exists in the court records, all one need do is get a letter from the clerk of court of the judicial district where the arrest occured stating that there are no court records pertaining to him and the charged listed on the arrest record.

A letter from the DA's office documenting that the case was dropped will usually suffice as well, but Court Clerks are usually more user friendly for people who have been through the system. Some areas charge $10-$15 to provide the documentation. In most areas, one gets more cooperation when showing up in person than one gets on the phone.

KEMOSABI

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    If you have ever been arrested you must list it..I had a gentleman answer no,he was denied.They sent him the documentation from LSP and it stated he was arrested for failing to move on when he was young.he had to go to City Marshall and get a letter to get his CCW..He got it recently[last week]. He did not remember the charge . This was over 30 years ago....He had taken my course in December...I also got a bunch of people got there cards back due to fingerprint problems.Guys,Look over the prints.if they are smudged,unclear,lines not well defined,ask them to do it over again or buy 2 cards...They are not letting anything slide by....
    Any questions just shoot me a PM....

kemo

KEMOSABI

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I have a copy of minutes with a disturbing the peace charge expunged on it. I should be good if I just send this with it right? Turning 21 in June and want to get all my stuff straight before hand.

That w/work for you..
    Good Luck...

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Pretty sure I know the answer to this one, but if you were arrested for an attachment from not showing up to a traffic ticket, does that need to go on the application? If so, do you just go ask the traffic court clerk for a copy of the disposition?

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Get a Florida one, dont give in to the ******** hoops that La makes you go through, I joined the military and was stationed outside of Louisiana(the only time in my life I have ever resided outside of this sate) and they want me to pay an additional fee.

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Get a Florida one, dont give in to the ******** hoops that La makes you go through, I joined the military and was stationed outside of Louisiana(the only time in my life I have ever resided outside of this sate) and they want me to pay an additional fee.

I've got a copy of their application and I'm considering it because of all the LA hoops. I'm also kinda miffed because I think I have to pay the additional fee for living out of state for a couple months after Katrina. Also, the fact that they ask you for every address you've lived at for the past 17 years concerns me, because I'm worried that I won't remember the exact dates properly and get declined because of it. The FL application doesn't ask for any of that stuff and I'm sure the LSP can just look it up themselves since they have to verify it anyway.

If I got the FL permit without the LA permit, do you think I'd get flak if I presented it at a traffic stop?

Also, I'm sure there's a ton of folks applying for the FL non-resident. Does anyone know what the wait time is? If it's a 6 month wait time, I might just go through the extra hassle for the LA permit.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I've got a copy of their application and I'm considering it because of all the LA hoops. I'm also kinda miffed because I think I have to pay the additional fee for living out of state for a couple months after Katrina. Also, the fact that they ask you for every address you've lived at for the past 17 years concerns me, because I'm worried that I won't remember the exact dates properly and get declined because of it. The FL application doesn't ask for any of that stuff and I'm sure the LSP can just look it up themselves since they have to verify it anyway.

If I got the FL permit without the LA permit, do you think I'd get flak if I presented it at a traffic stop?

Also, I'm sure there's a ton of folks applying for the FL non-resident. Does anyone know what the wait time is? If it's a 6 month wait time, I might just go through the extra hassle for the LA permit.

be careful. I do not have access to it right now, but it is in the LSp rulebook, your FL non-resident would not be valid if you would have been denied a LA resident.
    look it up.

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    be careful. I do not have access to it right now, but it is in the LSp rulebook, your FL non-resident would not be valid if you would have been denied a LA resident.
    look it up.

I've heard that, but I don't think I'm disqualified from receiving a LA permit as I've read it since I'm not a felon, wife beater or nutjob. The only thing on my record is a couple of traffic tickets like no blinker and 10 miles over the speed limit. I just don't want to have to jump through all the hoops and resubmit info 1000 times because I don't know how long I lived at a house when i was 6yo.

Last edited:

Morgan Allison

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Houma
    I moved a lot in my life, too. There was no way I could have remembered all the addresses I lived at. I did a super-duper internet-database person-finder search on myself and it pulled up all of my old addresses. It saved me a lot of trouble, but was kind of expensive, IIRC.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    You mean that there is now someone in Lafayette with the balls to stand up against Lafayette Shooters' Supply ?
    Congratulations to You !
    Good luck, too !

Top Bottom