CCW attorney

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Have questions. Are there any local CCW/2A attorneys in the BR/DS area? Or someone on here that's very knowledgeable about the laws or applications?
    Lots of folks here are very knowledgable, though no one can give you actual legal advice besides an attorney...which they'll likely charge you for.

What are your questions?

hatred

Sic vis pacem para bellum
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Denham Springs/Baton Rouge
    Lots of folks here are very knowledgable, though no one can give you actual legal advice besides an attorney...which they'll likely charge you for.

What are your questions?
    Had something expunged from my record that I thought was already off. Nothing violent or anything of that nature. Was told it would be as if it didn't happen, but I see on the LSP website that they want you to list them any way. I've bought plenty of firearms and never had a 4473 get denied. If it is indeed expunged (I have the papers showing it was) is it still required to list it?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Had something expunged from my record that I thought was already off. Nothing violent or anything of that nature. Was told it would be as if it didn't happen, but I see on the LSP website that they want you to list them any way. I've bought plenty of firearms and never had a 4473 get denied. If it is indeed expunged (I have the papers showing it was) is it still required to list it?
    Have you tried calling the LSP CHL group?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    List it ALL!! Even if the president pardons you or what ever.. they know it all, they just want you to tell them about it

List it and attach all your papers showing expunged, dismissed, dropped, pre trial intervention, probation, ect..

hatred

Sic vis pacem para bellum
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Denham Springs/Baton Rouge
    List it ALL!! Even if the president pardons you or what ever.. they know it all, they just want you to tell them about it

List it and attach all your papers showing expunged, dismissed, dropped, pre trial intervention, probation, ect..
    I'll so that. I'll also get a certified copy of everything and turn in. If they don't need it they can burn it.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    No need for certified if you do your app online, just attach files, but I personally would go in person to submit your app for first time.. if your nice and ask them lots of times they will look over your app and make sure your not missing anything before you turn it in

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    You can call lsp. They helped me when I did my application. I was arrested for speeding, few weeks before Katrina. My lawyer got it all taken care of. I explained it to the officer over the phone.She said list it all, it wasn't a felony it wouldn't hurt anything but Its just better to list it.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana

Do this! My court disposition states that if I plead guilty to count 2, then they drop counts 1 and 2. Doesn't make sense, and, I can't honestly answer the "have you been convicted?" question. I attached my court papers and I had my permit about a week later. Mine was a renewal though.

jneubig

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Houma
    From the LSP Concealed Carry website under requirements
    1. Criminal Offense, Arrests, Detentions and Litigation– Criminal Offense: an act punishable by law. If you have ever been arrested, charged, detained, indicted, or summoned for any criminal offense or violation, EVEN THOSE CHARGES WHICH YOU BELIEVE TO HAVE BEEN DROPPED, DISMISSED, NOLLE PROS, EXPUNGED, etc., you must answer “YES” to the arrest questions (Question #7) and submit certified true copies of the final court disposition of the case with your application. You must list all violations of law or municipal ordinances, except those such as traffic violations (speeding, red light, expired license, etc.). Failure to answer this question correctly will result in the denial of your application.
      • FAILURE TO LIST ALL ARRESTS, DETENTIONS, AND LITIGATION MAY RESULT IN DELAY OR DENIAL OF THE PERMIT, AND OTHER CRIMINAL PENALTIES AS ALLOWED BY LAW. NOTE: The issuance of a Citation or Summons is an arrest and must be listed.
      • You must still list violations that were EXPUNGED, DISMISSED, or SET ASIDE through either Article 893, Article 894, R.S. 40:983, or for which you were PARDONED and you must provide certified documentation of each arrest with your application.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom