CCW in Houston Galleria

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    If there aren't any 30.06(concealed carry prohibited) signs posted at the entrance, you can carry inside.

:)

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    I lived in Houston for years, twice. Including in the immediate Galleria neighborhood.

I would not even consider going to Galleria unarmed.

Similar to the N.O. French Quarter, the crime "news" and statistics are "managed" to promote continuing business. The Galleria is a criminal magnet, with its many wealthy unarmed foreign tourist-shoppers. Galleria is full of everything from pickpockets, hookers, purse thieves, to the occasional armed robber; ESPECIALLY THE PARKING LOTS.

I sugggest for you to treat it like the F-Q. No purses, exposed cellphones, expensive jewelry, inattentiveness to suroundings, etc. Remain very aware entering/exiting vehicle, walking through parking, & while "trying-on" clothing.

H.P.D. encourages legal CC by honest citizens. Don't be afraid to talk to the guys & gals in blue. They're not the NOPD and are generally courteous and informative.

Remember, O.C. of handguns is verboten. Take care to keep your weapon & b.u.g. concealed. Pulleeeze, Ladies, no "purse carry" unless you really know what you are doing.

Also, almost every store in Galleria has similar stores in other Houston area malls, which have the same items at much, much lower prices. Very few Houstonians actually do routine sopping in the Galleria. It is a great place to people-watch, including girl-watching !

Enjoy your trip. P.M. me for restaurant recommendations.

leVieux

Pocket

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Sewanee, TN
    I lived in Houston for years, twice. Including in the immediate Galleria neighborhood.

I would not even consider going to Galleria unarmed.

Similar to the N.O. French Quarter, the crime "news" and statistics are "managed" to promote continuing business. The Galleria is a criminal magnet, with its many wealthy unarmed foreign tourist-shoppers. Galleria is full of everything from pickpockets, hookers, purse thieves, to the occasional armed robber; ESPECIALLY THE PARKING LOTS.

I sugggest for you to treat it like the F-Q. No purses, exposed cellphones, expensive jewelry, inattentiveness to suroundings, etc. Remain very aware entering/exiting vehicle, walking through parking, & while "trying-on" clothing.

H.P.D. encourages legal CC by honest citizens. Don't be afraid to talk to the guys & gals in blue. They're not the NOPD and are generally courteous and informative.

Remember, O.C. of handguns is verboten. Take care to keep your weapon & b.u.g. concealed. Pulleeeze, Ladies, no "purse carry" unless you really know what you are doing.

Also, almost every store in Galleria has similar stores in other Houston area malls, which have the same items at much, much lower prices. Very few Houstonians actually do routine sopping in the Galleria. It is a great place to people-watch, including girl-watching !

Enjoy your trip. P.M. me for restaurant recommendations.

leVieux

pm sent

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I hate that area, but work takes me there one time a month usually and I carry.. full size 1911.. would not consider going with out it..

Pocket

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Sewanee, TN
    How was your trip to H-town ?

Trip was good except for the drive there and back. Took your advise and did not go to the Galleria at all. Supprised my wife agreeded to that. Did not see any signs prohibiting firearms and I was looking as much as possible. Since I was driving in Houston traffic that wasn't a whole lot. Saw at least one very near collision every day we were there. Carried everywhere I went except the one time when I planned to consume adult beverages.

Top Bottom