Ccw law regarding church carry - pastor/priest/minister

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I did. That's the reason I'm here. Nice lady answered and quoted the law as having to have 9 hours tac training. The law states only 8 hours needed. She misspoke I assume.

Bet it was the same nice lady that told me don't carry in a bank because it was a federal building lol.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    First, I am not a pastor, priest, etc.
    I have a louisiana permit and have been through a 8 hour "tac" class 3 times with a couple friends who are church members at different church's who have formed security teams. Plus 1- 9 hour "gun fighter" pistol class.
    These "advanced" classes can be found relatively inexpensive, more than a range visit but you get your certificate.
    Most people, if not totally committed to shooting accurately/efficiently, don't practice much. They might shoot a handful of cartridges at target paper but never with any type of outside stress included.
    The state folks know this and want at least a low level of competency. I would wish everyone caring in public would be aware of the liability of shooting someone; even in a justifiable case. It will change your life.
    I am lucky to have a home range, we shoot at least 3 weekends a month. We add in various methods to get the heart rate up during shooting; running, lifting objects, working around/ over barricades, and use a shot timer to track our reaction. I realize even this can't simulate a real shooting emergency involving a loved one.
    My thought is the annual cert makes you get you gun out at least 1 time per year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom