ccw permit denial

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajun70586

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    ville platte la.
    to those that might know, i was given a citation for indecent exsposer about 10 yrs. ago, yes i did something stupid, went to court and payed a fine for it, thats all.
    whould this be denial for a ccw permit before i spend 250.00 for the ccw class and fee's to the LSP. hopeing some one might know. thanks.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I doubt that would be cause for denial. Just be up front about it.

But seriously...you can't bring up an indecent exposure charge and not tell us the story!

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    IF

Its just that you should be G2G but you will be required to list it, I would also add a letter of explanation and all necesary paperwork to proove your case

cajun70586

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    ville platte la.
    since u ask i dont mind telling, i had a bad head cold and had been to the doc. for it a wk. earlier. the meds i was on wasn't doing any thing for it so i mixed some over the counter stuff with it. well about 1 hr. later i had to go to another town about 30min. away to pick up a check. when i was almost there i remimber sweeting alot and shacking a bit then things went a little fuzzy, i thought i was dieing. the person that called the cops was a line worker on a pole that i never saw, he said i stopped on the side of the road, jump out of my truck, pulled all my clothing off then sat back in the truck for a min. then drove off. all i remimber was tacking my shirt off. a cop pulled me over a little later and i did not have a shirt on, he said some one called in a guy driveing nude, i told him i dont remimber that but i had a bad spell abit ago and cant remimber what i may have done that when he told me what the lineman said. there was a bit more ?s and he let go with a idecent exsposer ticket. i went to court and the judge ask me how i plead, i said i dont know i dont remimber and he guilty, $300 dollars, pay the clerk and dont do it again and if i don't get in any kind of trouble for 3 yrs it will be removed but i know thats that BS. after i thought about for a while i figure the lineman knew something was wrong and was trying to keep something bad from happining to me. i kinda funny now for me i just hope it doen't afect me for the rest of my life.

operator223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    if I remember correctly, if it is a misdemeanor conviction that you could spend a year or more in jail for, suspended or not......... I think that was the no-go criteria. Just be honest on your application. You said citation, you didnt say arrested. any arrests whatsoever and their dispositions must be documented with sealed and stamped court documents.

well..... you could call one of the CCW schools and ask the head instructor what they think, or you can call the CCW department at LSP yourself and get their opinion. their phonenumber is on their website at LSP.

Just make sure nobody is giving you bad advice just to keep one person from getting their carry permit...... I know it sounds crazy but there are people out there that will do almost anything to impede someone from getting a permit.

Pace

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Новый Орлеан.
    Should be no problem. Just list it and provide "certified true copies" of the court disposition (available from the clerk of that court). In the end, you may have been lucky. You could have been charged with DUI/DWI. However, if it were me, I would have plead NOT guilty to the charge. If you were clothed from the waist down when you were pulled over, then the court would need the testimony from the lineman to make it stick. And how would he know you didn't step in a Fire Ant mound? (That actually happened to me, luckily I was at work and made it to the bathroom to STRIP!) ö

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    What was the actual charge?
    Was it LA RS 14:106 Obscenity?
    §106. Obscenity

A. The crime of obscenity is the intentional:

(1) Exposure of the genitals, pubic hair, anus, vulva, or female breast nipples in any public place or place open to the public view, or in any prison or jail, with the intent of arousing sexual desire or which appeals to prurient interest or is patently offensive.
    G.(1) On a first conviction, whoever commits the crime of obscenity shall be fined not less than one thousand dollars nor more than two thousand five hundred dollars, or imprisoned, with or without hard labor, for not less than six months nor more than three years, or both.
    This crime is punishable up to three years in prison, which makes it a no-go for a CHP in LA.

RS 40:1379.3
    (10) Not have been convicted of, have entered a plea of guilty or nolo contendere to, or not be charged under indictment or a bill of information for any crime of violence or any crime punishable by imprisonment for a term of one year or greater. A conviction, plea of guilty, or plea of nolo contendere under this Paragraph shall include an expungement of such conviction or a dismissal and conviction set-aside under the provisions of Code of Criminal Procedure Article 893. However, a person who has been convicted of a violation of 18 U.S.C. 491(a) shall be permitted to qualify for a concealed handgun permit if fifteen or more years has elapsed between the date of application and the successful completion or service of any sentence, deferred adjudication, or period of probation or parole.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    There is no crime of INdecent exposure in LA, as stated before the proper charge would be Obscenity, which is a Felony, and you would have been arrested for that, not issued a summons. Maybe you were issued a summons for a local ordinance and that is a misdemeanor?. Either way you should go get a criminal background check from State Police, and a copy of the records from the court to find out what your disposition is.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    There is no crime of INdecent exposure in LA, as stated before the proper charge would be Obscenity, which is a Felony, and you would have been arrested for that, not issued a summons. Maybe you were issued a summons for a local ordinance and that is a misdemeanor?. Either way you should go get a criminal background check from State Police, and a copy of the records from the court to find out what your disposition is.

Some municipalities do have misdemeanor obscenity ordinances.

Top Bottom