CCW shoots 2 robbers in Internet cafe today, video inside

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    CLAIMER: I AM A ROBBER BASHER. I HOLD A CHP. THIS GUY IS THE F*&^'N MAN!

[video]http://www.gainesville.com/article/20120716/ARTICLES/120719707?tc=cr[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Hoodies! Who would have thought criminals wear hoodies. I think they should give Gramps a medal but did his Florida CCP class teach him that it was wise to shoot at the backs of fleeing suspects?

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Hoodies! Who would have thought criminals wear hoodies. I think they should give Gramps a medal but did his Florida CCP class teach him that it was wise to shoot at the backs of fleeing suspects?

No probably just to eliminate the threat which he was doing until the robbers had left the area IMO. Even the footage showed the guy rolling over facing the victim outside he could have easily pulled a backup firearm.

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    No probably just to eliminate the threat which he was doing until the robbers had left the area IMO. Even the footage showed the guy rolling over facing the victim outside he could have easily pulled a backup firearm.

Agree looks like he stopped his defense when the robbers left the building. those guys were scrambling like elephants on ice skates, who knows if they had a backup gun like you suggest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Love it, that was awesome. Man I bet they need some new under wear, the old man didn't back down one bit

Last edited:

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Good job on the CHP holder. He eliminated the threat and saved no telling how many folks, just wish that would have been a larger caliber but does show that even a smaller one will usually stop the threat and is better than the gun you leave at home due to it being too large.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Good on him!

Shooting out of the door as they ran away was probably not a good idea, though, but everyone wants to play general after the battle.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Good on him!

Shooting out of the door as they ran away was probably not a good idea, though, but everyone wants to play general after the battle.

True. I think that in the heat of the fight the last shot would make it under the gate though.

Scary, I ain't far from 71 and I can't move like that. He must be a mall walker.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    True. I think that in the heat of the fight the last shot would make it under the gate though.

Scary, I ain't far from 71 and I can't move like that. He must be a mall walker.

My grandpa is in his 70's and moves great. It's genetics and working in landscaping/agriculture his entire life.

Most of my patients that are >70 and highly mobile have active/outdoor lifestyles such as some form of agriculture or building. Use it or lose it is a very very real concept at that age.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    When innocent lives are in danger you don't tell the BG,"hey, turn around, I don't want to shoot you in the back!"

He did what he had to do.

What caliber did he use, a .380?

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Wow...Pops don't take no crap. I love it....Especially since the two perps probably did not even pay attention to the old man....Until he started to shoot them. God bless that old guy...a true hero and man of courage.

Top Bottom