ccw; what do you like

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I used to carry anywhere between 1 and 3 handguns depending on how I was dressed and what kind of mood I was in. Here were some of my available choices:

Web.jpg

Keep in mind, that is an old photo taken before the tragic boating accident. Tragic I say...

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I used to carry anywhere between 1 and 3 handguns depending on how I was dressed and what kind of mood I was in. Here were some of my available choices:

Keep in mind, that is an old photo taken before the tragic boating accident. Tragic I say...

I see a Sig! :thumbsup: P220 Methinks

Last edited:

magictag

Seasoned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    J-frame .357

A J-frame .357 is an ideal gun to carry. Like the S&W Model 60. Gives you the power of a .357 Magnum and the versatility to shoot .38 Special and .38 Special +P.

Rhans405

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Here is the real question to ask yourself -

What do people who actually carry every single day, and who have done so for years, actually carry?

I'd bet a dollar 75% of experienced shooters that carry every - single - day carry, and who have carried for 5+ years - carry a lightweight revolver of some kind.

Pangris is right. This in a pocket holster conceals well in my dress slacks for work.

IMG_0373.jpg

When I'm wearing jeans, I'll do the G27 IWB carry:

G27withbrownholster.jpg

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Ok,I'm a Ruger shooter and other than the LCP,Ruger does not make a compact pistol. Winter time I carry a P95,when it gets hot, I carry an SP101. Just recently I purchased a Taurus Millenium Pro PT111 9mm. I must say...not bad. It holds 12 rounds in the clip and has 2nd strike capabilty. Haven't had a problem with it even after 1250 flawless rounds. Conceals easy and handles well. Say what you want GLock boys,the gun doesa work. I own a G17 and G34 myself so I know what y'all mean. Howver,the alternative ain't bad either.

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    Ok,I'm a Ruger shooter and other than the LCP,Ruger does not make a compact pistol. Winter time I carry a P95,when it gets hot, I carry an SP101. Just recently I purchased a Taurus Millenium Pro PT111 9mm. I must say...not bad. It holds 12 rounds in the clip and has 2nd strike capabilty. Haven't had a problem with it even after 1250 flawless rounds. Conceals easy and handles well. Say what you want GLock boys,the gun doesa work. I own a G17 and G34 myself so I know what y'all mean. Howver,the alternative ain't bad either.

I've got the same gun in .45. Taurus's get a bad rep, but mine has never malfunctioned either. It was a little wide in .45 to conceal easily but I bet your 9mm works very well in that dept.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    XD SC - 9mm/.40S&W

SPECS.
    Magazine = 1-10 round compact / 1-16 round w/grip Extension
    Barrel = 3'' Steel Melonite, Fully supported Ramp
    Recoil System = Dual Spring with Full length Guide Rod
    Length - 6.75'' Height - 4.75''
    Weight - 26.oz

XD9831HCSP06.jpg

IMG_4007.JPG

br549

totin'
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I've been watching this thread with interest over the last few days. I don't comment much, but here is my experience: My CCW permit number was in the first 500. I've been carrying for a long time......everywhere that is legal, every time I walk out the door. My favorite was a j frame that was stolen along with my wife's car. But, my every day carry is a G23. I also carry a Taurus PT145 on occasion, but the G23 or G19 in an m-tac is very comfortable and very concealable. Baby Glocks are nice for an ankle holster, but I like the larger G23/19 on my side.

Top Bottom