CCW

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zteam13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Hammond, LA
    I am getting my ccw license next time I come home and would like opinions on the weapon that should be
    Concealed.

What do you carry and what are the benefits?

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Heckler & Koch P7M8 9mm IWB with two reloads. It conceals well, is safe to carry, and deploys very fast when needed. Only downside is it's very expensive.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    The gun I carry depends on the neighborhood I'm in. Around the small town I live in where things are pretty quiet I'll have a Ruger LCP in a pocket holster. If I'm going to Baton Rouge it'll be a Taurus CIA .38 revolver in a IWB holster. If I'm going to New Orleans it'll be a Glock G23 .40 in an IWB holster.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Mine changes, but mostly M&P pro or now a 3914 (replaced the role of my XDsc and PF9) I have been known to make a holster just to carry a gun for a night....

TinM@n

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Take it from me, you do not want to CC anything you spend a lot of money on OR plan on getting any kind of attached to.
    I like nice guns, but CC is no place for them. Functional, reliable, and loss-able is what you want.
    The Keltec PF9 is what I would get or the Ruger variant of it.
    Hopefully you will never need it.
    Good luck!

Oh and I just turned in my paperwork for my CCP renewal wednesday and the lady said permits are running 4-5 MONTHS right now, so if you want one tomorrow put in the papers today.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    G19 because it's cheap and it works. I don't wear skinny jeans or boy shorts so size is never a issue. TinM@n is speaking the truth about wait times right now.

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I just started carrying a little more than a month ago and I have carried a Kahr CW9, S&W M&P9c and Glock 19. Right now the Kahr is what I carry most, as I get a little more paranoid with the other two that are bigger and much heavier. Waiting on a crossbreed holster for the G19, as the ultimate goal of primary CCW.

Turn Key

Stuck up North
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good topic and question zteam13, welcome to Bayou Shooter and I'm glad you're taking the right steps towards being prepared.

Take it from me, you do not want to CC anything you spend a lot of money on OR plan on getting any kind of attached to.
    I like nice guns, but CC is no place for them. Functional, reliable, and loss-able is what you want.

The Keltec PF9 is what I would get or the Ruger variant of it.
    Hopefully you will never need it.
    Good luck!

Oh and I just turned in my paperwork for my CCP renewal Wednesday and the lady said permits are running 4-5 MONTHS right now, so if you want one tomorrow put in the papers today.

Tinm@n is correct.
    Show your Colt's and Kimbar's to your friends. Show your Glock to your enemy ..

My CC is a Glock 23 either OWB concealed or appendix carried IWB. A spare mag within reach and my Ruger LCR 38 in my back pocket.

In some situations, I will only pocket carry my Ruger LCR.

Experiment and find out what works best for you. And keep looking for advice when you need help.

TK

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Good topic and question zteam13, welcome to Bayou Shooter and I'm glad you're taking the right steps towards being prepared.

Tinm@n is correct.
    Show your Colt's and Kimbar's to your friends. Show your Glock to your enemy ..

My CC is a Glock 23 either OWB concealed or appendix carried IWB. A spare mag within reach and my Ruger LCR 38 in my back pocket.

In some situations, I will only pocket carry my Ruger LCR.

Experiment and find out what works best for you. And keep looking for advice when you need help.

TK

Yeah, then he said PF9...

Just kidding, I carried one for years, just didn't practice enough with it, it is miserable to shoot. I keep it around to make holsters, and who knows, one day my 3914, M&P's, 1911's and XD/XDm's might all get burned in a fire and I am just left with my PF9 which is in another location.

Turn Key

Stuck up North
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like my shield, but I usually end up carrying a full size glock because I can, and don't really care about printing. People are oblivious

This is exactly the way I feel too.

On CCW, I don't try to flaunt or try to print but don't really give a damn if I do anymore. A sheeple or two may be offended but the law abiding will look the other way and use me as cover hopefully if needed.

I do look like the profiled image of a LEO and I was a DOC officer for many years. Yet I shamelessly profile. Extensively and all day long. It is what I credit my survival to.

I profile white people too. The pimply faced tweaker's get the same scrutiny as a hoodie wearing urban thug.

Correct me if you please to, I really don't give a **** ..

TK

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Honestly if I were going for deep concealment, something like a shield or a BG380 would be at the top of my list. But mostly it doesn't matter, people just don't notice, they (in general) are far too wrapped up in their cell phones or their conversations to pay attention to the world around them. The very few alert ones seem to assume you have a reason for carrying (read: LEO), even if they don't know about CHPs.
    Now, if you're dressed in rags, look like a thug or have shifty eyes, you may get a different response.

Top Bottom