Cell phone provider options?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    You’re going to be bound by the customer service agreement no matter who you go with, they'll all have the same language.

I've been with T-Mobile for years. $40/mo unlimited everything including international roaming and data, plus a free Netflix subscription, and no contract at all. They used to have unreliable reception but since they bought Sprint it's been fantastic. You can double-check the coverage map if going off the beaten path.

I'm not up to speed on their current packages but it appears they have a $30/mo plan with a bit less data and no netflix as well.

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    You’re going to be bound by the customer service agreement no matter who you go with, they'll all have the same language.

I've been with T-Mobile for years. $40/mo unlimited everything including international roaming and data, plus a free Netflix subscription, and no contract at all. They used to have unreliable reception but since they bought Sprint it's been fantastic. You can double-check the coverage map if going off the beaten path.

I'm not up to speed on their current packages but it appears they have a $30/mo plan with a bit less data and no netflix as well.

I switched to T-Mobile and it was a FREAKING disaster. When I called to sign up I specifically asked if I would have coverage in a certain area of Mississippi for the camp. The cust rep checked the coverage map and said I would at least have 3G coverage if not 4G. Knowing that there is a Sprint tower not far from the property, I asked if I would have access to that tower, and of course the answer was a resounding yes. Well guess what, as I got closer to the property I lost all coverage, as in NONE what so ever. When I got home for camp I called T-Mobile and was told sorry but there is not T-Mobile tower in that area. I asked about being told I would have access to the Sprint tower and was told T-Mobile and Sprint are still separate companies and T-Mobile does not use Sprint towers. The T-Mobile rep told me to go to a T-Mobile store and have a Sprint sim cards put in my phone and all would be fine. Well that doesn't work because you need a Sprint account for the Sprint sim card to work. Back on the phone the T-Mobile for another 2 hours to asked to switched over to a Sprint account and was told, "oh we can't do that because T-Mobile and Sprint are two separate companies. You will need to call Sprint and set up the account yourself." So on the phone again, this time with Sprint to set up the account. Get the account all set up and off and going. Two months later a "Final Notice" bill from T-Mobile for the two phones that were part of the original plan package. Mind you, I asked about the phone when switching from T-Mobile to Sprint and was told not to worry about them. Back on the phone again for another 2 hours, and you guessed it, they were no F*cking help, pay up or be sent to collections.

Be very careful when dealing with any phone company, they will screw you in a heartbeat!

Gmac

Hermit
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    The Bush
    I went from AT&T to Spectrum Mobile. NO CONTRACT $14/mo per line for 1 gig of data. $14 per each additional gig if needed. No tax title & license crap added either. Phones available for purchase, 2yr payout so 1/24 the price of the phone added to each monthly bill. I live out in the boonies. Service is much superior to AT&T. Happy I switched.

Top Bottom