Centennial Wireless buyout...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I'm sure most here that are or were with Centennial know that AT&T purchased Centennial and that a certain part of the areas they acquired were being sold to Verizon.

Got a letter from Verizon the other day telling me about the acquistion and giving general details about the transition.

Anyone else here being affected by this? Are you planning to transition over to Verizon or go with AT&T?

What about you guys that got transitioned from Centennial to AT&T already...How's that been working out for you thus far?

Thoughts...opinions?

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    I have a personal phone with Verizon and a corporate phone with at&t. Both have their strong points and their weaknesses. It could be worse, you could be in Rapides Parish which Verizon nor at&t can have the Centennial customers. Here they are still doing business as usual. Verizon's weakest point is no service from Marksville to New Roads on hwy 1 and no service from Alexandria to Leesville on hwy 28 west. I believe there is no service from leesville to Lake Charles on hwy 171 either, but that should change with Verizon taking over that service area from Centennial.

With all of that, I think you would be very happy at Verizon.

hdsprstr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Welsh
    Me and my family switched in May of this year from At&t to centennial wireless. AT&T just plan sucked in the Jennings area. Called to complain about no service and numerous dropped calls just to be told they had a tower that needed to be updated to fix these issues in that area, but they didn't know when it would be fixed. Finally got fed up and made the switch. Centennial's service is night and day different that AT&T. We are with the Centennial that is going to Verizon and are in contract, so hopefully the service stays good once the switch is made.

deadidunn

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Hineston, LA
    I have centennial, but my area changed over to another company that starts with a C. I can't remember the name, I only read it once before I came to work. December will be the end of contract and I'm going to AT&T anyway.

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    i have a att phone and a centennial phone i rather centennial as far as coverage free incoming calls texts. i have att for iphone internet and stuff like that. i plan on getting rid of iphone and sticking with centennial only but adding internet and using an unlocked phone instead

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    ATT apparently just doesn't give a flying f**k about customer service. The buyout of Centennial is awaiting an anti trust decision. If Verison gets in the game locally, I'll be taking a look that them as an ISP. I really need some way to avoid a two year contract for something that you don't know will work until it comes home with you. That's like gettin' married without first....

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    I'd had Verizon twice.. Once when I lived in Arizona which wasn't bad out there but out here it sucked. Then after Alltel sold to them. I immediately switched to Cellular South. This works out great as we have a tower here in town and I work in Greenville.

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    We have centennial too. Once all the changes take place I hope the coverage is better. Right now its like 2 tin cans and a string.

Top Bottom