Change of address

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frnchyse

Will work for ammo!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Metairie
    Hey guys, I'm in the process of moving so I'm going to need to change my addy on my CHP. Can someone throw me a link with the info I need to get that done. I just really don't have the time today to start looking for that info so any help would be appreciated.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Hey guys, I'm in the process of moving so I'm going to need to change my addy on my CHP. Can someone throw me a link with the info I need to get that done. I just really don't have the time today to start looking for that info so any help would be appreciated.

"Q. If I move, how do I change the address on my permit?

A. Go to the “Forms” section of our web page (http://www.lsp.org/handguns.html) and click on the “Change of Address” form. This form can be filled out and submitted online, or you may print the form and submit it via mail or fax. This should be done within 30 days of the effective date of the address change.

(LAC 55:I:1313.4) Failure to comply with this provision may result in a fine of up to $100 assessed by the department. L.R.S 40:1379.3 (C) (1) authorizes a 30 day suspension of your permit for failure to notify the department within 30 days of an address change."

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    "Q. If I move, how do I change the address on my permit?

A. Go to the “Forms” section of our web page (http://www.lsp.org/handguns.html) and click on the “Change of Address” form. This form can be filled out and submitted online, or you may print the form and submit it via mail or fax. This should be done within 30 days of the effective date of the address change.

(LAC 55:I:1313.4) Failure to comply with this provision may result in a fine of up to $100 assessed by the department. L.R.S 40:1379.3 (C) (1) authorizes a 30 day suspension of your permit for failure to notify the department within 30 days of an address change."

I moved right after I got my first CHP and never changed the address. I just sent off my renewal about 2 weeks ago with my new address. So I guess I am boned! I will keep you all updated on the response.

What is the point of this anyway? Having to register yourself is worse than having to register your firearms. We are registered like sex offenders for CHPs. Sheesh!

Last edited:

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I moved right after I got my first CHP and never changed the address. I just sent off my renewal about 2 weeks ago with my new address. So I guess I am boned! I will keep you all updated on the response.

What is the point of this anyway? Having to register yourself is worse than having register your firearms. We are registered like sex offenders for CHPs. Sheesh!

Probably so they know where to go to revoke your license if needed to.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Ive had multiple residences for the past 10 years, one of them being pretty much what is on my credit report. That is where I had been living for 2 years when I got my license.

Last year I started buying a house, and family still live at the other place. First of the year I went to that link and filled it out, never heard nothing from them. I haven't bothered with my DL until I get the CHL, and I'm technically legal so I haven't bothered with it.

At some point Im going to change my DL then call them to make sure they get my info, not very efficient way they have of doing things.

meisal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 30, 2007
    Benton, LA
    I just changed mine and wifes permit address from Covington to Bossier City.
    Is sorta weird that once you push the send button you never get a response and don't know if they received it or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom