Charges dropped against Baldwin

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I didn’t know a period style revolver could cock itself. Learn something new everyday

That's why all my assault rifles, and single action revolvers are locked in a safe.
    I could not safely sleep at night knowing I could be killed by them at any moment.

How many times have you seen on TV or read about guns that just go off?
    And forget about cleaning them, they are always shooting people just cleaning them.

Guns are dangerous there should be more laws to protect us from them.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Remember we have a duel justice system in this country. One for liberals and their voters and the other for people like us. Any of us had done this we would have already been tried, convicted, and be in prison.

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    Does anyone have the Cliff's notes about what exactly happened on the set? Did Baldwin intentionally point the gun at Halyna Hutchins and pull the trigger? I can't find much on it. Just a bunch of blathering by gas bags trying to get re-elected. "We take gun safety seriously...". "On my watch, no one is above the law...". "in New Mexico, no one is above the law...". Gas baggery at it's finest. They must have been salivating when this gift was dropped in their lap. I think Alec Baldwin is a POS. Doesn't mean he needs to be sliced up like a christmas goose by a bunch of power hungry asshats in NM.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    The Set Armorer says she accidentally loaded a live round into the gun instead of a dummy, and the gun had been modified with aftermarket firing components. They said that these factors made the prosecutor reconsider the chargers. The Armorer is still being tried for Involuntary Manslaughter (I think).

Either it was a real miracle mistake of stupidity or maybe someone is getting away with murder 1.

There was a rumor that Hutchins was going to work on a Documentary about the Child Sex Trade in the entertainment business, but it was "debunked" shortly after.

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    The Set Armorer says she accidentally loaded a live round into the gun instead of a dummy, and the gun had been modified with aftermarket firing components. They said that these factors made the prosecutor reconsider the chargers. The Armorer is still being tried for Involuntary Manslaughter (I think).

Either it was a real miracle mistake of stupidity or maybe someone is getting away with murder 1.

There was a rumor that Hutchins was going to work on a Documentary about the Child Sex Trade in the entertainment business, but it was "debunked" shortly after.
    There shouldn't have been live rounds within 1000 miles of that set. And aftermarket firing components don't accidently fall into a gun. Maybe the dummies should have the rims painted red or something so you can easily see at a glance if the rounds are dummies or not.

What this sounds like to me, and has always sounded like is some turd tampering with the gun just for kicks. Maybe one day he'll talk. "Hey, guess what I did." And then his head will explode.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Who remembers this?

Attachments

• FCSakm2VQAYmpa4.jpg
      FCSakm2VQAYmpa4.jpg
      106.8 KB · Views: 68

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    Who remembers this?
    Need some context. Plus, I'm really good with photoshop. I could put anyone's photograph on that.

I'm not defending Baldwin. I remember that sh*t he pulled with his daughter. I have daughters and I'd love to kick him in the Jimmy for that. Hell, same if I had sons. You just don't do that. But everyone standing in line to tear off a piece of him just because he has money just isn't right.

Last edited:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    As a person that has worked on numerous sets, in the art department, and as an armorer & armorers assistant for some B-movies....

I just don't see how it was an accident.

People can be pretty stupid though!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Does anyone have the Cliff's notes about what exactly happened on the set? Did Baldwin intentionally point the gun at Halyna Hutchins and pull the trigger? I can't find much on it. Just a bunch of blathering by gas bags trying to get re-elected. "We take gun safety seriously...". "On my watch, no one is above the law...". "in New Mexico, no one is above the law...". Gas baggery at it's finest. They must have been salivating when this gift was dropped in their lap. I think Alec Baldwin is a POS. Doesn't mean he needs to be sliced up like a christmas goose by a bunch of power hungry asshats in NM.
    The woman shot was the cinematographer, who works with the director to get good camera angles and actually helps direct. During the moments that led up to the shooting, she was reportedly telling Baldwin where to point the gun, which was toward and just to one side of the camera. She actually directed him to point it at her. That came out very early and kept getting brushed aside.
    I don’t care for Baldwin, but I think conviction of anything related to fault in the shooting would have been unjust. People want him to be guilty but he’s not. He’s an actor working under direction. He was handed a prop and told what to do with it. Blaming him for what happened is asinine.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Need some context. Plus, I'm really good with photoshop. I could put anyone's photograph on that.

I'm not defending Baldwin. I remember that sh*t he pulled with his daughter. I have daughters and I'd love to kick him in the Jimmy for that. Hell, same if I had sons. You just don't do that. But everyone standing in line to tear off a piece of him just because he has money just isn't right.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If the armorer on a movie set is the person responsible for the safety of the props, then with that person lies the ultimate responsibility. Baldwin is a hate-able douche on every level, but he is just stupid enough to trust the "person responsible for prop safety" implicitly.

Remember, this douche is a typical phony liberal, and with that comes hypocrisy about gun safety. The clown thinks nothing of just being handed a weapon and acting foolish with it. As gun people, just ask yourselves if you would not instinctively check the weapon? Remember gun safety rule #1, the gun IS ALWAYS LOADED until it is not!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If the armorer on a movie set is the person responsible for the safety of the props, then with that person lies the ultimate responsibility. Baldwin is a hate-able douche on every level, but he is just stupid enough to trust the "person responsible for prop safety" implicitly.

Remember, this douche is a typical phony liberal, and with that comes hypocrisy about gun safety. The clown thinks nothing of just being handed a weapon and acting foolish with it. As gun people, just ask yourselves if you would not instinctively check the weapon? Remember gun safety rule #1, the gun IS ALWAYS LOADED until it is not!
    I agree with this, but props. Not weapon.
    When the kids and I break out the nerf guns, I never check to see if someone has introduced live rounds. Neither do I check a stapler, a toaster or my phone for live ammunition. They’re not firearms.
    Most of the misconceptions surrounding this case have been based on firearms vs props, what responsibilities go along with the handling of these props and who is indeed responsible. The idea behind using movie props is simple: looks real, not real.
    Prop guns look real. In the process of looking real, they often operate to a point that they look real in action, even firing and cycling blanks for the simulated effect that’s created. This was a great idea. Somewhere along the line, apparently some movie “people” must have thought it was a good idea to use actual firearms when filming. Real bad idea. Now at least 2 people have been killed as a result of using actual functioning firearms, i.e.: a gun capable of firing live ammunition. It’s not like there aren’t blank firing replicas of nearly every know firearm to grace the big screen. I would not expect all of the same rules of gun safety to apply to a prop gun any more than to a nerf gun. What about prop grenades? Ever seen those in the movies? Ever seen them pull a pin? Anyone believe they take the same precautions with those as our military does with live frags? I’m thinking, no. Blank gun? No. I definitely would not point blank anyone or hold it too close to my own ears when shooting it, but that’s specific to a blank gun. The gun that killed Brandon Lee was an actual firearm. It was said to have been used to fire live ammo at some point prior to the incident, wherein it supposedly retained a slug in the barrel from a squib load. Then, loaded with blanks, fired the squib into Brandon Lee on the set. Or so the story goes. Btw, the person who pulled the trigger was never charged.
    There was also a person on a movie set who ended his own life by holding a blank gun to his head and jokingly pulling the trigger. We all know why he died, Darwin explained it perfectly for us.
    So now another senseless death and a horrible injury due to an actual firearm being used on set. Loaded and handed to a master of fakery who knows next to nothing about it, much less that it can actually kill someone. I believe the armorer is solely to blame. I believe she knew when the tragedy occurred that she was responsible and would likely suffer the consequences, but somehow, the story became so hyped that Baldwin was blamed and the armorer got the benefit of hiding in that shadow.

Last edited:

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    I agree with this, but props. Not weapon.
    When the kids and I break out the nerf guns, I never check to see if someone has introduced live rounds. Neither do I check a stapler, a toaster or my phone for live ammunition. They’re not firearms.
    Most of the misconceptions surrounding this case have been based on firearms vs props, what responsibilities go along with the handling of these props and who is indeed responsible. The idea behind using movie props is simple: looks real, not real.
    Prop guns look real. In the process of looking real, they often operate to a point that they look real in action, even firing and cycling blanks for the simulated effect that’s created. This was a great idea. Somewhere along the line, apparently some movie “people” must have thought it was a good idea to use actual firearms when filming. Real bad idea. Now at least 2 people have been killed as a result of using actual functioning firearms, i.e.: a gun capable of firing live ammunition. It’s not like there aren’t blank firing replicas of nearly every know firearm to grace the big screen. I would not expect all of the same rules of gun safety to apply to a prop gun any more than to a nerf gun. What about prop grenades? Ever seen those in the movies? Ever seen them pull a pin? Anyone believe they take the same precautions with those as our military does with live frags? I’m thinking, no. Blank gun? No. I definitely would not point blank anyone or hold it too close to my own ears when shooting it, but that’s specific to a blank gun. The gun that killed Brandon Lee was an actual firearm. It was said to have been used to fire live ammo at some point prior to the incident, wherein it supposedly retained a slug in the barrel from a squib load. Then, loaded with blanks, fired the squib into Brandon Lee on the set. Or so the story goes. Btw, the person who pulled the trigger was never charged.
    There was also a person on a movie set who ended his own life by holding a blank gun to his head and jokingly pulling the trigger. We all know why he died, Darwin explained it perfectly for us.
    So now another senseless death and a horrible injury due to an actual firearm being used on set. Loaded and handed to a master of fakery who knows next to nothing about it, much less that it can actually kill someone. I believe the armorer is solely to blame. I believe she knew when the tragedy occurred that she was responsible and would likely suffer the consequences, but somehow, the story became so hyped that Baldwin was blamed and the armorer got the benefit of hiding in that shadow.

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    What, if any, are the movie industry's standards/requirements for certification as an "ARMORER"? What were this "expert's" qualifications and experience?

Wasn't this handgun the personal property of someone employed on the set of this movie? Were they too cheap to rent a prop gun from one of many available vetted vendors? I would suppose that the owner is the idiot who irresponsibly brought live ammo to the set.

I heard at least one news cast, shortly after this tragedy, alledging that members of the movie crew had been using the subject handgun, with live ammo, for recreational "plinking" at some point before the event. Why was the piece not in the armorer's custody once it was brought on set?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom