Chase Bank Debit Card Scam!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Very common.
    Just FYI, if you get a call from Visa/MasterCard/Amex/Discover, they will give you the last four of the card number and ask if you made a recent purchase, giving you location and amount. If you say "no" they will lock the account and tell you to call you bank during regular business hours.

They will NEVER ask you for personal information.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Just got a call that my Chase bank debit card was locked and they wanted my account #

Problem is I don't use Chase!

Just spreading the word. Be on the lookout!!

Ive had this happen twice in the past week. Once at 0100 and once at 0030. I dont use chase either, but i was curious so i clicked one to "unlock" my account. They ask you to "Enter your account number followed by the pound sign, then enter your PIN number utilized at Chase Bank ATM's".

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Got a call on my cell this week. "Your chase debit card has been locked. ....transferring you to our security department.."
    Only problem is, I don't have a Chase card.
    Click

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    I haven't gotten that one yet but I got an email the other day stating that my PayPal account was going to be closed from inactivity. It even spoofed the sender.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I work at a bank and can vouch that none of us will ever call and ask for personal information. Bank's don't do that. If we have something important, we might try to verify your identity before relaying sensitive information, but we won't ask any over-revealing information, such as a full acct number, SSN, etc. If anyone asks you for that, tell them you'd rather talk in person and if they are legit they will love for you to come talk to them in person.

mineralman55

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Northshore
    Interesting, I got that robo-call yesterday. The red flags went up immediately and I hung up after listening to the message. Called Chase's 800 number and they said no, there's nothing wrong with your card, and we don't operate that way. Complete scam.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    These robo-call scammers are getting better and better. The best thing you can do is hang up once you know it is a robo-call.

I was getting at least a call a day for a while from the same scammer. They were spoofing numbers from all over the country as well as area codes that I normally get calls from. I documented the numbers for a week or two and found out one of them was linked to a "marketing company" in South Florida. Then I dropped the dime on them to the Do not call regestry, listed all the numbers I had collected and the business name that I found.

Did any of that actually help? Probably not. But at the same time I just started hanging up the second I ID the caller as a machine and it seems they went away.

rabiddawg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Thanks for posting this. I warned my family about this. My daughter called me last night saying she got the call and hung up on them.

Thank you Gator45/70!!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    This has become so common that I'm amazed people still fall for it .

You don't even know man. We still get people thinking they actually are being given money from some overseas guy...all they have to do is pay him a few thousand to send it this way.

sasquatch469

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Those dishonorable pieces of bovine excrement really **** me off! Bastards!
    You gotta be smart and NEVER give your information to anyone on the phone, particularly if they claim to be someone who should know that **** (i.e. Chase or whoever issued the card? They should know all your personal info/passwords, etc. if they're legit).

Last edited:

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Not just would-be bank scammers.. I get similar requests from fake PayPal, phone service and even fake Go-daddy domain demanding that I "confirm my login information".

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom