WTB: Cheap 9mm auto

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drop1

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    The only requirement is that it be 100 percent reliable.
    Pm me if you've got anything. Cheap is the key word here. Thanks.

Last edited:

Instinctshot

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 6, 2014
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I know it’s not what you asked for but extar makes a 9mm “pistol” for $349. Takes glock mags. It would be softer shooting and could handle +P+ rounds with great expansion.

Throw a decent red dot and an olight weaponlight off of Amazon on it, and it should serve your old man well. Easy to aim, shoot, and inexpensive. I think so far it has great reviews

jcm055

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Ruston LA
    If you can go new, the Taurus PT111 G2 can be had for around 200 plus FFL online. I have one and it's been great, double stack so it holds 12+1.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I know it’s not what you asked for but extar makes a 9mm *pistol* for $349. Takes glock mags. It would be softer shooting and could handle +P+ rounds with great expansion.

Throw a decent red dot and an olight weaponlight off of Amazon on it, and it should serve your old man well. Easy to aim, shoot, and inexpensive. I think so far it has great reviews

Where are you finding these for $349? I see them for $419 on the Extar site.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

Drop1

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    He really doesnt wamt a shotgun. They steal those out of his place. In fact they took my inheritance. A 1942 model 12 in better than pristine condition. The Taurus may be the way to go. Was hoping to find one used to save a little. I'll give it a few days.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Don't wait too long. I'm surprised the supply at PSA hasn't dried up already. The nearest same pistol deal will cost you $15-30 more on line for the same pistol. grabagun and buds, I searched this morning.

9mm pistol he can take with him whenever he leaves home, and sleep with it.

Low life f**kin thieves/scum of the earth.

nimblebee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    Oskaloosa, Kansas
    The only requirement is that it be 100 percent reliable.
    Pm me if you've got anything. Cheap is the key word here. Thanks.

The best deals that I've been able to find is User submitted gun search engine websites; here's a couple examples.
    Bear in mind you have to look at the code (BR, BX) to see whether it's brass and Berden primed, as some of the cheapest ammo has steel cases.

Http://gun-deals.Com/list/ammo/9mm+Luger

The above link website works best for finding ammo, and I sometimes use link below for searching firearms bargains and gun related items:

Https://gun.Deals/

nimblebee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    Oskaloosa, Kansas

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    You can fine police trade in Glock 22's in .40 for $299.00 .
    Also look on the Louisiana Sportsman classified sections as there are a few of the Taurus PT111 G2 pistols for sale on there with one being advertised for $200. I have one and really like it especially with it's 12rd magazine.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    $200 bucks buys a Taurus Millenium - Good bargain!

I had three handguns stolen December 24, 2015. While waiting for the insurance rigmarole to finalize, I wanted to get some kind of basic protection. I knew that ultimately I would get the insurance to replace what I had, so I did not want to spend much money in the interim. I found a Taurus PT-111 Millenium G2 on sale at Academy for $199 and bought it.

I've been thrilled with the Taurus Millenium. The latest version is the G2c.

Its a polymer frame, 12+1 9mm, striker-fired, and short recoil operated. It has the ability to re-fire from subsequent trigger pulls if you get a miss-fire because it is single-action/double-action hammerless. The single action trigger pull is light, and it has a very short reset. The slide is very easy to remove, and the pistol comes with a built-in lock. The rear sight is adjustable for elevation and windage, and the adjustment tool has the lock "key" on the opposite end. It has an under-mount rail, and it is very "pointable." I have purchased 15-round magazines for it and now have a couple of holsters. I've also added an inexpensive laser.

By the way, it shoots +P rounds just fine. Since it is a "compact" (little shorter barrel) I do feel that it conceals well.

I finally got my insurance settlement, and they replaced my Browning HiPower. I mention this because I'm finding that I carry the Taurus PT-111 Millenium G2 more often than my $1,300 Browning! When I take my family to the range, most of my kids (adults ~29-34 y/o) would rather shoot the Taurus than most any other pistol that I have.

Just like JCM055 and John mentioned above, I highly recommend the Taurus.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom